More USA police dead in shootings

It's clear tensions are high and when you have an armed police 'force'(not service) and an armed popolation, you are asking for trouble

Re racism - it's clear as day that the system is racist, I'd go as far as saying it is undeniable. As for individual police, it's hard to say. I'm sure some are and some probablyare but they don't know it

Imagine if all you did for a living was chase black drug dealers, go into black areas, get abuse and generally fear that everyone you meet in your working life hates you and is probably armed - it would put you on edge, now stressed out people with guns isn't going to end well

Whatever. You have your stories, I have mine.

Four times I have had first hand experience of the police; twice they kicked my door in! One of those times were armed police! Once I was manhandled off the streets and sat in cells. Wrong again!

Only once, did they bring me in for the right (but wrong) thing.

But, I think they agreed rapists can't always get away scott free and unmarked.

Did you complain? Wrongful arrest, false imprisonment you should get a good payout for that.
Armed police do not go round kicking doors in without authorisation from senior officers.

I think the US has reverted to the days when the first settlers arrived and started colonising the country.

Battle of the Little Big Horn, Gunfight at the OK Coral, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday etc etc.

Far too many weapons in that country to ever call it civilised.

Now you see that's why you have your opinion- there I was thinking it was a speeding ticket.Four times? Ok.

Do you not get it?

Because I knew a various amount of people, never involved with of them despite much attempts, I was guilty by association. Tried to pin things on me that weren't remotely anything to do with me. I've always been law abiding 'cept that one time when nobody did anything for the girl, including you lot.

They just saw a Black guy that knew people and assumed.

Just like you did.

I don't have any associations now, but my opinion stands the same.

Do you not get it?

Because I knew a various amount of people, never involved with of them despite much attempts, I was guilty by association. Tried to pin things on me that weren't remotely anything to do with me. I've always been law abiding 'cept that one time when nobody did anything for the girl, including you lot.

They just saw a Black guy that knew people and assumed.

Just like you did.

I don't have any associations now, but my opinion stands the same.
I never made assumptions of your race. If you've had negative experiences with the police then I am genuinely sorry. I can only reiterate that the overwhelming majority of officers are some of the bravest, hardest working people you could meet. I am sickened by events in the US, nothing can justify it. My fear is that the hatred and violence will spread here.

Did you complain? Wrongful arrest, false imprisonment you should get a good payout for that.
Armed police do not go round kicking doors in without authorisation from senior officers.

Had it of been now? Sure, I would have as experience teaches you a few things.

20 years ago it was expected to happen in the areas I grew up in, so you just brushed it off. Imagine experiencing coppers monitoring where you go, what you're doing just cos you knew a few faces?!

Imagine standing outside a pub, noticing someone watching you and when you reach inside your jacket to get chewing gum, the guy slams his car into reverse and fooks off?!!

Hilarious, especially as it made me jump, too!!

Most people are basically decent.

If you're a copper though, you end up interfacing with a disproportionate number of criminals and it's likely to influence your judgment sooner of later. It's not 'wrong' per se, just an inevitable consequence. If you're going to arrest bad guys, there a higher chance of a bad guy attacking you - so it's going to make you wary, and slightly on edge.

The reason they are edgy is because they ARE attacked sometimes. They aren't edgy for the fun of it.

So, stick a gun in a copper's hands and also in the hands of the bad guys and you have increased tension and increased deaths on either side.

Sadly, innocent people get caught up in that, and the net result is innocent people dying. Putting police morons and prejudice aside (but acknowledging that it does exist), the ultimate blame still lies with the criminals on a macro level. On a micro level, of course it's down to the trigger happy cop, but you have to see the wider context.

Most people are basically decent.

If you're a copper though, you end up interfacing with a disproportionate number of criminals and it's likely to influence your judgment sooner of later. It's not 'wrong' per se, just an inevitable consequence. If you're going to arrest bad guys, there a higher chance of a bad guy attacking you - so it's going to make you wary, and slightly on edge.

The reason they are edgy is because they ARE attacked sometimes. They aren't edgy for the fun of it.

So, stick a gun in a copper's hands and also in the hands of the bad guys and you have increased tension and increased deaths on either side.

Sadly, innocent people get caught up in that, and the net result is innocent people dying. Putting police morons and prejudice aside (but acknowledging that it does exist), the ultimate blame still lies with the criminals on a macro level. On a micro level, of course it's down to the trigger happy cop, but you have to see the wider context.

Whilst that may be true, what is also true is the media portrayal of ethnic minorities via films, TV, news reports etc.

It all just underlines as a visual/ mental bombardment of 'what they are like' (Raheem Sterling's treatment is a microcosm of the issue).

Not enough positive images.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.