Guess the lineup in 3 years

Totally pointless thread, 3 years ago everybody would of said the likes of Lopes, Rekik, Roman, etc etc would be mainstays in the team. Truth is the majority of the kids won't make it into our first team, if we have 1/2 we'd of done well.

Probably Hart has the best chance of sticking around, although if we sign Rulli it makes that potentially difficult. As for the rest, who knows. Aguero will likely be back in Argentina, Silva, Dinho, Otamendi, Clichy, Sagna, will all be gone. Unsure with Kompany. Provided he has some breakthrough with his fitness, I can't see him playing anywhere else really. Would actually break my heart to see him elsewhere. Along with Ramos, easily best defender I have seen live.

With the young players it all depends. Jesus may or may not be good enough, Sterling ditto, Sane is a funny one. If he excels, Bayern, Barca or Real will be interested, if he disappoints he won't be deemed good enough. It's hard to get longevity out of young players in today's game I think. That's why I always moan about us signing prospects. Moreno is a lottery, Iheanacho looks the best bet as I think he is already good enough but it depends on the amount of game time he gets. Maffeo, Tasende, Brahim etc all have a chance but our track record isn't the greatest. Don't think Denayer will be given a proper chance...which again is a shame as he could potentially save us a lot of money.

Gundogan could still be here, fitness permitted. Same with De Bruyne.

After that it all depends who the gaffer is. Could be David Moyes...in which case we will have Osman and Fellaini running the show.

Trying to think from a realistic point of view..

Rulli/new GK
Maffeo - Stones - Otamendi - Angelino
Gundogan - Dahoud/Kroos
Sane - De Bruyne - Sterling
Jesus

Well sign Rulli or some GK none of use would even guess.
Maffeo and Angelino have shown they definitely have what it takes, or well sign new FBs.
Stones and Otamendi could form a stone wall, and Otamendi would only be 30-31, prime CB with Stones being made world class by Pep.
Gundogan is a mainstay, hell be prime at 28, then think well spend massive on a world class CM next summer.
Sane and Sterling will be made world class by Pep and become mainstays, and De Bruyne will just get better.
Jesus and Moreno up front, if they fulfil their potential.

Roberts, Brahim, Tosin, Delph (only be 29), Zinchenko, Nolito (experience)

Dybala
Sterling De Bruyne Sane
Kroos Gundogan
Ghoulam Stones Otamendi Maffeo
Ter Stegan​

Rulli, Tosin, A Garcia, Roberts, Cresswell, Ward-Prowse, Gabriel Jesus

It will indeed be most interesting to see which line-up new coach Vincent Kompany plumps for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.