John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with you on Otamendi and Vinnie. Denayer is of the same type of player as Stones, quite skillful and can play with the ball, but I haven't really seen much of Denayer to say he's better at defending than Stones (I only really watched him whilst he was at Celtic). But I'd strongly disagree with you on Mangala. I think his clumsiness on the ball has gotten us into a lot more trouble than his pace and long legs has got us out of. I really do think Mangala is bloody terrible.

I really don't understand why we bought him. I thought the reason was that he was a ball player who could bring it out of defence and pick a pass, as well as defend well. None of that was true.

He replaced Lescott who was a solid defender and read the game well. He normally off loaded the ball sideways pretty quickly and I thought this is what Pelli wanted to improve on. Sadly he didn't .

Not only that, he will no doubt be another player that we will lose a lot of money on, giving us less to spend in the market in the long run.

See, I'm suspicious now mate. No one else has reported this and these things are very difficult to keep quiet. As @karen7 says, until @Ric confirms it, we should treat this with a pinch of salt
See, I'm suspicious now mate. No one else has reported this and these things are very difficult to keep quiet. As @karen7 says, until @Ric confirms it, we should treat this with a pinch of salt

Do other teams wait until a new player has done ten interviews, videos and photo sessions before a transfer is announced. Personally I would love to know asap and would happily wait for the rest.

Has Jake elevated himself to supreme ITK status?

;-)

Edit.....worth mentioning that this could all be hush due to Bony going the other way and everything has to be ready at once.

lets hope this comes off soon

the good think is that Stones has been playing for everton so his fitness levels should be at least on a par to the rest of our squad and the fact that he knows the prem will mean he could go straight into the starting 11 with only a couple of days prep if needed....whether pep does this or not is his call but he could do it if he thinks we need it

lets hope this comes off soon

the good think is that Stones has been playing for everton so his fitness levels should be at least on a par to the rest of our squad and the fact that he knows the prem will mean he could go straight into the starting 11 with only a couple of days prep if needed....whether pep does this or not is his call but he could do it if he thinks we need it

He may well be fit and know the PL, but he certainly doesn't know how we play or will want him to play. Too soon for me to be thinking he will play Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.