Dalian Atkinson - Policeman guilty of manslaughter

I remember him scoring on his debut for us against Stoke. Was quite excited to be signing a 29 year old talented striker. Only lasted a few games sadly but I was unrealistically optimistic for a few weeks.

Yeah, me too. Think we won 2-0.....was there a fire alarm went off that day or is my memory blurred with all the mediocrity we endured in that era ??? !!!

Yeah, me too. Think we won 2-0.....was there a fire alarm went off that day or is my memory blurred with all the mediocrity we endured in that era ??? !!!
That would have been a call for Mr Banks then. The mediocrity was staggering looking back. Mind you, I don't think we're supposed to look back and then be grateful that we aren't there anymore!!

That would have been a call for Mr Banks then. The mediocrity was staggering looking back. Mind you, I don't think we're supposed to look back and then be grateful that we aren't there anymore!!

Ha! No, I'm sure we actually had to leave the stand (I was in the Kippax lower and any evacuation would have been better during the game in those days!) but I could be wrong

The BBC are reporting that the incident took place at his father's house and that police attended over concerns for a man's safety. No mention of whether that man was Atkinson or his dad, but a neighbour witnessed a man 'stumbling towards police', who then deployed the taser, causing the man to hit the deck. No woman mentioned.

From this I gather that Atkinson had fallen on hard times, got in a state and was rowing with his dad. Neighbours report banging and shouting before the police arrived. He was receiving dialysis treatment, according to his nephew, and a few Twitter sources have mentioned that he was down on his luck.

The BBC are reporting that the incident took place at his father's house and that police attended over concerns for a man's safety. No mention of whether that man was Atkinson or his dad, but a neighbour witnessed a man 'stumbling towards police', who then deployed the taser, causing the man to hit the deck. No woman mentioned.

From this I gather that Atkinson had fallen on hard times, got in a state and was rowing with his dad. Neighbours report banging and shouting before the police arrived. He was receiving dialysis treatment, according to his nephew, and a few Twitter sources have mentioned that he was down on his luck.

Mirror are reporting his dad is gutted, quoted as saying he turned up agitated and shouting someone called the police(not his father), no mention of any other people in the house, police tasered him 4 times according to a neighbour

Witness on news just now claiming she saw Police kicking him whilst on the floor after tasering him.

BBC Six O'clock News have just shown an interview with another neighbour who swears she saw cops run up and give him a kicking after they'd tasered him. The IPCC are now involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.