Dalian Atkinson - Policeman guilty of manslaughter

When I started this thread, I put it in the main forum as he was a former City player, however brief his stay with us was. Not sure why it was shifted down here to be honest. Any mod care to explain?
There were four threads covering three forums so they were all merged. The Off Topic thread was the oldest one with the most posts and was the most appropriate place. He's not a current City player so it certainly wasn't appropriate for the main forum. It wasn't really a football related matter, more a news item about a former footballer. I really don't see why there's a problem and why people are whingeing.

It won't be true-why should rioting ensue? People need to let the IPCC do their job and quit being judge and jury.

First off RIP Dalian. Thoughts are with your friends and family.

Spot on bert.

The worst part is that because sometimes the IPCC makes a decision that doesn't fit a particular perspective, certain nuggets feel it's an excuse to be a dick. Not saying the IPCC is perfect and it has got decisions wrong over the years but can anyone suggest anything better?

Last edited:
There were four threads covering three forums so they were all merged. The Off Topic thread was the oldest one with the most posts and was the most appropriate place. He's not a current City player so it certainly wasn't appropriate for the main forum. It wasn't really a football related matter, more a news item about a former footballer. I really don't see why there's a problem and why people are whingeing.

KInd of get where you are coming from. Don't agree with it, but thems the rules.

This is what I don't like about tasers. They have absolutely no way to know how a certain persons body will react to having that many volts put into it.

This is what I don't like about tasers. They have absolutely no way to know how a certain persons body will react to having that many volts put into it.
Voltage will not kill people, amps are the dangerous form of electricity.
Hitting someone in the head with an asp is more dangerous.

You're absolutely bang on the money mate. I was on the back row of the upper tier of the Kippax in those days and we got in a few minutes before the scheduled 3pm kick-off and I remember seeing mainly Stoke fans on the pitch in front of the away section of the North Stand. At first I thought it had booted off - Stoke fans had a bigger rep than most for that kind of thing during the 90's - but was then informed that a fire alarm had gone off. IIRC the kick-off time was put back 45 mins to 3.45 and we won 2-0 with Atkinson scoring on his debut. I remember being quite excited that we'd signed him even though he'd dropped off the radar in the previous few years.

RIP
IIRC a cooker or chip fryer caught fire in one of the catering bars at the back of the North Stand and they had to evacuate the stand and get the fire officers to confirm that it was safe to continue.

RIP Dalian.

because whinging is written in the constitution

The right to whinge.

I don't wanna get into the politics too much, but I loved watching him play when I was a youngster. I was a bit shocked reading the news this morning. RIP big man!

I don't have a problem with them being merged; I just believe that, with him being a former blue (albeit for a brief time), that the thread belonged in the main forum. Obviously though, that was ruled out. Fair enough. Also; if you look at my post, I simply said that I wasn't sure why the thread had been moved down to off topic and asked a mod to explain (which you've done, to be fair). Does that count as "whingeing" now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.