Aguero banned for three games (updated)

I don't know why so many people seem to think 'we will be fine without him' objectively it is likely to reduce our chances of winning the game. Hopefully we can adjust and still get a result but missing Kun for the biggest match of the first few months of the season does little to help our cause
Good thing we have the best manager on the planet working out how to remodel the team around his absence.

It's interesting because I've seen a few American fans who don't really seem to understand this. There are two issues here.

The first is that the process for instituting a retrospective review is opaque. One person can elbow someone, it's not seen by the ref but there's no further action taken (generally because there is no media witch-hunt). Yet another can do it, the media is all over it and the consequence is a retrospective violent conduct charge. If clubs could request a review and that was the only way to initiate the process then we'd all know where we stand.

The second issue is that once the process has commenced there is little or no leeway. The 3-man panel has unanimously (and supposedly independently of one another) agreed that a red card would have been the correct outcome. For violent conduct that's almost certainly a 3-match ban.

"Good for business" doesn't come into it. In fact it's usually what benefits the rags or England. So Rooney, wearing an England shirt, deliberately kicks an opponent and is rightly sent off. He gets a 3-game ban but the FA appeal and it's reduced to 2.

The PL head, Richard Scudamore, has even openly admitted that the rags being out if the top four is bad for business.

That's very interesting PB. I appreciate the detailed response. That clears things up for me. That's a very foreign concept for us, cheers.

Not exactly. I mean I sort of did but I thought it was about ratings and ratings would trump that. Taking Kun out of the game taints the result. I don't know anything about the FA I was just curious if the magnitude of the game affects decisions.

Utd doing well way outweighs having a decent match, and even more so if they can then proclaim victory over Evil City. All those Far Eastern sponsors to keep happy.

Utd doing well way outweighs having a decent match, and even more so if they can then proclaim victory over Evil City. All those Far Eastern sponsors to keep happy.

That's really fucked up. I know about the media bias but I didn't think it actually trickled all the way up top. Hate the rags even more now. You'd think they'd cut that out and strive for parity because the TV money is so great because of it. Thanks for the post.

I don't know why so many people seem to think 'we will be fine without him' objectively it is likely to reduce our chances of winning the game. Hopefully we can adjust and still get a result but missing Kun for the biggest match of the first few months of the season does little to help our cause
yeah I thought that tbh. But if we do get beat it doesnt really mean that much (Unless they play us off the park). Losing to them at their ground, without Aguerro, this early in the season doesnt matter much, we might lose but it will be a hollow win for them.

Flip side is that we play without Kun, at theirs, this early in the season, and we beat them. They would be feeling the pain all rest of the year. (And I do think we're capable of pulling results without Kun, we're bigger than just him nowadays)

His Adam's apple must be in his forehead.
He didn't hit his forehead clearly. Reid goes down holding his throat. Sergio's arm is parallel to Reid's chest when Reid gets hit by Sergio's hand.

sergio-aguero-manchester-city-west-ham-winston-reid-clash_3774725.jpg

146-Sergio-Aguero-facing-three-match-ban-after-elbowing.jpg

Where has this extra 24 hours to respond come from? Can't see anything anywhere reporting this
SSN said it's because the people from City that would usually deal with it are dealing with transfers so essentially it's because it's deadline day they've given us extra time

SSN said it's because the people from City that would usually deal with it are dealing with transfers so essentially it's because it's deadline day they've given us extra time

Thanks CTID, nothing online about it; weird. Makes it slightly more likely that we'll appeal if we have asked for an extension.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.