Aguero banned for three games (updated)

Get over it he lashed out and was lucky not to make contact. You can't swing your elbow out like that. We can still beat those red cunts without him, it just opens the door for someone else to shine.

Unfortunately, yes. It only then comes down to whether it's enough for a violent conduct charge. Just because it's not consistently applied doesn't make this charge wrong.

With luck, he'll get over his calf issue, avoid being kicked around by Smalling while Clattenburg checks his hair, and is back for BMG in the CL.

Nicely summed up.
I don't know why so many people seem to think 'we will be fine without him' objectively it is likely to reduce our chances of winning the game. Hopefully we can adjust and still get a result but missing Kun for the biggest match of the first few months of the season does little to help our cause

It's a legitimate and honest question you worthless wum! Do they make decisions that are questionable but are good for business or do they follow the letter of the law?
You know the head of the premier league thinks a successful rag team is the best thing for business?

I don't know why so many people seem to think 'we will be fine without him' objectively it is likely to reduce our chances of winning the game. Hopefully we can adjust and still get a result but missing Kun for the biggest match of the first few months of the season does little to help our cause

He's very consistent in the derby, of course it's advantage for them. The media saw the opportunity and went for the kill.

Move on guys, there's no agenda. Reid and the papers made an absolute meal of it, but there was intent. I don't think it needed a ban but I'm not surprised. We'll be just fine without him, and he'll bang in a hat-trick on his return.
Reid didn't make a meal of it he got caught by Sergio's hand on the follow through in his adams apple which if you've ever been hit there will know it hurts like fuck!

Yeah the same people claiming it's fine we will still win, give others a chance etc will be the same people buzzing their tits off if he gets let off. I agree that we are in a better place to cope without him but his movement will be missed massively against them twats

It's a legitimate and honest question you worthless wum! Do they make decisions that are questionable but are good for business or do they follow the letter of the law?
It's interesting because I've seen a few American fans who don't really seem to understand this. There are two issues here.

The first is that the process for instituting a retrospective review is opaque. One person can elbow someone, it's not seen by the ref but there's no further action taken (generally because there is no media witch-hunt). Yet another can do it, the media is all over it and the consequence is a retrospective violent conduct charge. If clubs could request a review and that was the only way to initiate the process then we'd all know where we stand.

The second issue is that once the process has commenced there is little or no leeway. The 3-man panel has unanimously (and supposedly independently of one another) agreed that a red card would have been the correct outcome. For violent conduct that's almost certainly a 3-match ban.

"Good for business" doesn't come into it. In fact it's usually what benefits the rags or England. So Rooney, wearing an England shirt, deliberately kicks an opponent and is rightly sent off. He gets a 3-game ban but the FA appeal and it's reduced to 2.

The PL head, Richard Scudamore, has even openly admitted that the rags being out if the top four is bad for business.

You know the head of the premier league thinks a successful rag team is the best thing for business?

Not exactly. I mean I sort of did but I thought it was about ratings and ratings would trump that. Taking Kun out of the game taints the result. I don't know anything about the FA I was just curious if the magnitude of the game affects decisions.

Reid didn't make a meal of it he got caught by Sergio's hand on the follow through in his adams apple which if you've ever been hit there will know it hurts like fuck!

His Adam's apple must be in his forehead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.