old night clubs you miss that have gone now!!

yeah, she lived in hulme for years.
you'd sometimes see her in pubs or shebeens but she kept herself to herself most of the time.
awesome, great little story that. She was often seen around chorlton i believe. Did she still look ok then ? she was gorgeous when she was young

awesome, great little story that. She was often seen around chorlton i believe. Did she still look ok then ? she was gorgeous when she was young
well, let's be honest, she was a smackhead, but yes, she did look amazing.
i think she ended up in salford with john cooper clarke.

Maximes in Wigan
The World in Warrington
Music Box (Step Back nights in there are legendary)

Can't believe we are 24 pages in and no one has mention THE AMBER CLUB in Newton Heath.

Moggy was a funny one, because he seemed to disappear into obscurity after Hippos shut. I don't think he even bothers with the reunions. I wonder what he's doing now?

Much preferred him to Jay Weardon and I'd say he was the DJ I got the most ever enjoyment from.

Moggy is a mate of mine, although I have not seen him for a while. He was resident DJ at Maximes (Back to the old skool) for many years after hippos. He does the odd gig here and there but has steadfastly refused to do the hippos reunions over the years.
One thing I will say about Paul is that I have never seen anyone make spinning vinyl look so easy. He is just so naturally talented. He is just a proper sound and unassuming fella, who just wants a quiet life.

Moggy is a mate of mine, although I have not seen him for a while. He was resident DJ at Maximes (Back to the old skool) for many years after hippos. He does the odd gig here and there but has steadfastly refused to do the hippos reunions over the years.
One thing I will say about Paul is that I have never seen anyone make spinning vinyl look so easy. He is just so naturally talented. He is just a proper sound and unassuming fella, who just wants a quiet life.
Spoke to him a couple of times when he DJ'd at Hippos and he certainly gave the impression of a pretty reserved, unassuming bloke, but very nice with it. Totally agree about the talent part. He had (has) an innate talent for mixing.

Corkies. People raved about Hippos but it wasn't a patch on this place..

chequers at alty football ground. The check-in in alty. The valley lodge near the airport tunnel.

Oops apologies, it's night clubs you miss...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.