Barcelona vs City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he's going to play Otamendi-Stones-Kompany as the 3. Clichy is clearly not ideal, Kolarov is too slow for a back 3 but Kompany has only played a few minutes.

Big risk for a big game? Sounds like the kind of thing Pep would do - like when he had 3 at the back man marking Messi, Suarez, Neymar in the Champions League game. It went terribly admittedly, but I don't think that would put him off a similarly out there idea.

I'd love to see a 3-5-1-1 formation tomorrow:

Bravo

Stones
Kompany
Otamendi

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Nolito
Sterling

De Bruyne

Aguero

It'd be a big risk, of course, but it's the best way of getting all of our "big guns" on the pitch and outnumbering them in midfield.

I like the cut o your jib there Bill.

Would he?

Would we gain anything in playing a bit like the scum did last night and asking Noliti, Sterling or Sane to do a similar job Young and Rashford did on their wide men. It would work better for us I think as we have the ability to counter better.

I'd love to see a 3-5-1-1 formation tomorrow:

Bravo

Stones
Kompany
Otamendi

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Nolito
Sterling

De Bruyne

Aguero

It'd be a big risk, of course, but it's the best way of getting all of our "big guns" on the pitch and outnumbering them in midfield.

That would be awesome.

Some excerpts from Lucho's pressy today, Alba & Roberto are fit to play

Luis Enrique:

"City is more dangerous with Pep? When we prepare the game we analyze the rivals and solutions. City is more dangerous. The team looks very attractive and they play attractive football. They have great players."

"Similar to Pep? Coaches don't play the game, it's the players. I was lucky to play with Pep and share many things."

"It's great to see Pep again, it's a game against friends. Knowing him personally, I don't know how he manages his team."

"City are different now compared to the last time. New players have come in. They will generate more problems now."

"I can't think of a better game for any football fan to watch tomorrow."

"Managers must make the most of the players they have. Pep's Barça was great and we are similar - we play good football."

"This is a special game but it's not decisive, we have more matches to play."

"Piqué supposed to leave Spain in 2014 and I convinced him? I knew he was going to say this. He is a great player no doubt."

"How can we surprise Pep and is possession important? Yes 95% of games we win possession, it's important."

"Ball possession is going to be important. We have to be better than the rivals. Having possession doesn't mean we will win the game."

"The trident? Good news that they're all back. Great to have Leo back especially."

"Pep was good because he had good players? It's a life of the manager- if we win it's because anyone can do it. But if we are bad then we are to blame. Pep's Barça played at a fantastic level no doubt."

"Alba and Roberto? Both a ready and fit."

"Messi? We visualize the best scenario for him. We have to dominate and I hope the players enjoy him- I don't focus on one."

"Neymar renewal? All good news. Busquets and Mascherano also renewed. Great news for everyone and they are happy."

"Pep is the best? Well, I value my friends and he is a good friend. He is the best manager- his mindset is incredible."

"I don't know if Pep is the best in history because I don't know how they managed teams before."

"Pep is the best now in modern football. My aspirations? I don't set objectives for myself."

"Bayern and City similar? I haven't compared it. No doubt, city will be a very different city to the one we played before."

"Messi generates a superiority. He can move around in all positions. We do anything to benefit the team."

"City is suited to Pep's system? Ask Pep that. I have analyzed him as a rival coach and his weak points. Our objective is not to leave any players disconnected. We will contemplate everything in our attack and defense."

"We don't want to isolate any players but it can happen. It's not our objective."

"Formation? It could be anything. We can play with 6 defenders as well. Anything is possible."

"Go to the EPL? It's a good league but I don't know. I'm not interested in the future."

"Pep will convince Messi to leave? We haven't talked about Messi's future. Pep didn't say anything."

"As a fan whose Barça is better? I like both. We wear the same shirt and the fans can enjoy Pep's or my Barça."

Didn't bayern get smashed by barca when pep went 3 at the back once?

I wouldn't say smashed, as it was a very competitive match for nearly 80 minutes but yes, 3 at the back...to start. Pep shifted back to 4 once the man to man approach failed to have the effect he hoped.

I wouldn't say smashed, as it was a very competitive match for nearly 80 minutes but yes, 3 at the back...to start. Pep shifted back to 4 once the man to man approach failed to have the effect he hoped.

Thanks,i thought it was something like that,we are not advanced or regimented enough yet to do that anyway

we could ditch out total football and play the "bottle" football maureen showed us yesterday. Why not play that revolutionary 6-3-1 formation against barca tomorrow?? I bet Pep saw that masterclass....

I think we are in a better position to face Barcelona than we've ever been, we are a team capable of getting a result against them(lesser teams have every now and then), we have a manager who knows how to set up against them(biggest difference between the other occasions we've faced them for me) and the way games have gone for us in the past we're not expected to win we've got it all to gain if you think about it. That's not to say we will definitely get a result but we should go into the game with our heads up.
spot on.
really looking forward to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.