Android Pop up / Ad / Malware Pain

The Silver Surfer

I got a new Android phone the other day, and after putting some new apps on on top of the previously used and trusted apps I always have I started getting pop ups, even on main screen - not the usual ones you get playing games, a small box that has google play icon and "Play Free" notice and an "opt out" link. The link takes you to a website that prompts you to download an opt out app or opt out manually. I have done neither as it is very suspicious.
The link is
http://tracker.tcd.re/optout/mobile...nNwb3QiOiJhcHBs YXVuY2giLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4ifQ==

I've up dated to Avast mobile premium but nothing is getting rid of these pop ups. I installed CCleaner &, Airpush Detector and they didn't help either. I've uninstalled all recent apps like games and widgets except the one I have used for years. I installed Nova launcher and removed that too. If i disable wifi and data but even if it kills then because of no internet connection I can't leave them turned off. I've contracted Avast Mobile and they have so far only suggested I scan the phone which I have 5 times.
I don't want to fanny about resorting to factory settings but I know I might have to

Has anyone got any suggestions to get rid of these pop ups and ads??

Cheers in advance.

Have you got ctimer or go weather installed? It is one of the apps you have installed either way bud, with trial and error uninstall them and test which it is.

Have you got ctimer or go weather installed? It is one of the apps you have installed either way bud, with trial and error uninstall them and test which it is.

Not got either of those mate, Did have the go weather yonks ago but never had it installed in any of my last 3 phones.

Trial and error yes, and a big pain in are arse!

@The Silver Surfer
If you long press the pop up notification it should tell you which app is producing it, no need for trial and error.

For instance if I get an email notification and long press it, it will show that it's Gmail behind it and give options to go to settings for that app.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.