Celtic game - strict security measures announced (page 34)

Keep it civil please, or we'll have to start handing out thread bans.

Dunno what a rag is but I did say in my first post that I'm Irish. I'm a Celtic fan. I've lived in Manchester for near 12 years. I live the place. I've enjoyed matches at both OT and the etihad. Including last night. Which is what I originally came here to discuss. I'm not the one throwing insults around. I enjoy reasoned debate/discussion and am happy to have it. I know what many people think of us, I'm not daft. But I think this is for the most part been good and I've enjoyed 'chatting' with you guys

Tim here is my take on it. Regarding opposition fans going where they "should,nt" be, frankly there has been some precious posts in this thread by some City fans. Loads of blues have done this all over the UK and Europe. It is however only twats who do not respect that they are in an area of a ground where it is not only sensible but a matter of good manners to behave appropriately. Sometimes that may involve keeping quiet, sometimes it might be ok to cheer your team on....but you dont go in there wearing colours or indeed taking the piss in anyway. I am sure plenty of Celtic fans did behave appropriately and were welcomed by blues.

Regardless of which part of the stadium you are in, singing songs, chanting, flying flags that may involve offending the natives, such as those chants or songs that may attack our armed forces or indeed glorify a terrorist group that bombed and killed both servicemen and civilians in this country is not acceptable.

Infact anyone who feels otherwise should not even be in this country for any reason whatsoever in my humble opinion. Ironic dont you think that to even say such a thing can get you accused of all kinds of nonsense here in England these days, yet some of your support seem to be free to spout pro IRA bile. To compare it with singing songs about Munich is wide of the mark, after all Munich was an accident a totally different thing. Attacks on British servicemen and civilians were cerainly not For the record as someone mentioned City were not without loss in the Munich disaster, and the songs about it are moronic and have long since been almost universally accepted as such.

Last edited:
Regarding away fans getting tickets in the home end, how many other grounds does this happen at, and how often?

Would those Celtic fans in the City end have got their phones out at, say, Old Trafford, Anfield or Stamford Bridge?

Regarding away fans getting tickets in the home end, how many other grounds does this happen at, and how often?

Would those Celtic fans in the City end have got their phones out at, say, Old Trafford, Anfield or Stamford Bridge?

I suspect in a dead rubber match where like last night the home support would not fill the place ie each of the above it would be much the same.

We've done it in plenty of grounds. and I believe he answer to your second questions would be yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.