BBC: lorry deliberately ploughs in to german christmas market

I'm no physiologist but, refugees, economic migrants etc must be very vulnerable to exploitation by those more intelligent i.e religious/ideological leaders. They come from, quiet frankly, shit holes, where violence and death is common place and freedom less so. Then they come to 'The West', where we have bright lights, big gatherings and generally people do what they want socially

I would be very interested to know what(if any) work is done with the to help them integrate into modern, civilized life

I am by no way excusing what people like this guy do, but I would like to know that if this aircraft hanger that houses 2000 migrants has any sort of out reach workers attached

I heard a security expert on 5Live saying it is 'impossible' to protect everyone. It is. However, can they not put up con create barriers around markets or places off main roads i.e Spinningfields to try and mitigate?

There is actually a lot of work that goes on here in Berlin to help with integration. I've been involved with some of it myself. The city, in general, has been incredibly welcoming towards the migrant community, which makes the motivation behind the attack ebven more baffling.

Regarding the protection for the Christmas markets, the paricular one attacked was probably in the most vulnerable location. Most of the ones around the city are located in squares that are tucked away from main roads and would be much more difficult to get at. The one in Breitscheidplatz is right between two of the busiest roads in the city. Doesn't seem like it's a coincidence that it was the one attacked.

I heard a security expert on 5Live saying it is 'impossible' to protect everyone. It is. However, can they not put up con create barriers around markets or places off main roads i.e Spinningfields to try and mitigate?
They probably already do which is probably why "only" 12 were killed unlike in Nice where over 80 died. For example I don't think the new bollards at the Etihad are just for normal traffic control.

I wouldn't have thought so everywhere no.

Maybe not everywhere, but maybe more than they have now. I don't know the layout of Berlin so I can't really comment on this particular market but since this is the 2nd use of a lorry in months, I think it should be a priority to put them up(either temp or perm) where possible, no matter how ugly they potentially look

From bbc.

The suspected truck driver was a 23-year old migrant from Pakistan who was known to police for minor offences and used several names, a German security source has told Reuters news agency.

The suspect arrived in Germany in February and was staying at a refugee hostel in the building of what used to be Tempelhof airport, the news agency reported.

Various reports suggest special forces are searching the airport.

From bbc.

The suspected truck driver was a 23-year old migrant from Pakistan who was known to police for minor offences and used several names, a German security source has told Reuters news agency.

The suspect arrived in Germany in February and was staying at a refugee hostel in the building of what used to be Tempelhof airport, the news agency reported.

Various reports suggest special forces are searching the airport.
So basically short of wearing a t shirt and baseball cap with 'terrorist' printed on them he's done pretty much everything to appear dodgy?

Its ok London have got a brand new CTU on the streets. I think the rest of the country will have about 50 new armed officers to share between us.... by 2020

Now saying one of the victims had been "shot".Someone says "presumably the original driver...said earlier he'd been stabbed to death.

From bbc.

But, all the refugees that flooded in were fleeing the war in Syria ...?

There is actually a lot of work that goes on here in Berlin to help with integration. I've been involved with some of it myself. The city, in general, has been incredibly welcoming towards the migrant community, which makes the motivation behind the attack ebven more baffling.

Regarding the protection for the Christmas markets, the paricular one attacked was probably in the most vulnerable location. Most of the ones around the city are located in squares that are tucked away from main roads and would be much more difficult to get at. The one in Breitscheidplatz is right between two of the busiest roads in the city. Doesn't seem like it's a coincidence that it was the one attacked.

You are right. It´s the only market i know in Berlin which is directly located at two main roads in the city. Even the part of the market he crushed in was the only corner where he could hit it straight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.