Hull (a) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Terry will not play for another club in this country, another Gerrard, its the one trait he has that's admirable amidst the sea of shit that comprises the rest of his moral makeup.

Do you want to win the league? I tell you what I’d do: go take John Terry for a season, he told talkSPORT.

Play him at the back with [John] Stones... Stones would learn so much off of playing with John Terry week-in week-out, absolutely, educate him.

This was in the MEN online today. A comment by Harry Rednapp. Whilst I dont advocate Terry, it is exactly what is missing without Kompany. An experienced EPL leader at the back. Of course easier said than done. I know its all 'what if' but imagine if Kompany had been fit playing with and teaching Stones. Trouble is I cant think of anybody who could fit the bill. Any thoughts?
You could argue in favour of Otemendi but to me thats not the answer.

We would make him look like a 60 year old Demichellis

It's one thing playing for Chelsea's where the defenders hardly leave their own box and fullbacks are by your side to protect you. It is another thing all together to play at the back for us............

Do you want to win the league? I tell you what I’d do: go take John Terry for a season, he told talkSPORT.

Play him at the back with [John] Stones... Stones would learn so much off of playing with John Terry week-in week-out, absolutely, educate him.

This was in the MEN online today. A comment by Harry Rednapp. Whilst I dont advocate Terry, it is exactly what is missing without Kompany. An experienced EPL leader at the back. Of course easier said than done. I know its all 'what if' but imagine if Kompany had been fit playing with and teaching Stones. Trouble is I cant think of anybody who could fit the bill. Any thoughts?
That just illistrates how out of touch he is with modern football and that he doesn't know or can't be arsed to learn how pep's team works

Terry is slow as a slug and an all-round dick. I don't want our club contributing to his riches even if he's as good as Ramos and Boateng combined.

If it's an experienced, knnowledgable CB we're after, someone who won't mind not playing and can educate Stones on the finer points of defending, then we had him and released him in the summer. His name was Martin.

That's my opinion of course.

I understand now why Denayer is out on loan- It's hard enough for Pep teaching Stones how to be a top-class EPL CB, but to try and teach them both at once would be too much time.

----------------------Bravo-------------------------

Sagna--------Otamendi---Stones-------Clichy

------------Dinho---------Fernando--------

------------------KDB-------------------------

Sterling--------Nolito------------Sane
No Silva, no Yaya, no dice. It shan't happen!

Rest ahead of Liverpool,wont happen though.
If Liverpool is the point, then I'd consider resting Yaya and DeBryune instead. Without Silky, Silva or Yaya our ability to string the ball together effectively drops considerably.

If im being strategic here, I'd play Silva and Yaya vs Hull, then play Fernandihno and DeBryune vs Liverpool.

We are going to have possession vs Hull so our best passers are a better bet. We will most likely get harried from pillar to post at Liverpool, thus I want all our hard men Nando, Sagna, Dihno Ota, Zaba on the field, plus DeBryune who is good at popping up for key assists even when we and he is not playing well.

One thing about Kompany is he can make whoever plays next to him look absolute world class. He did it with Lescott. To be honest, Mangala, Otamendi and Stones have looked their best when Vinnie was next to them. Best CB I've ever seen.

Hull are shit I'd think about resting KDB, Silva, Yaya and Sterling. We should still beat them with a front line of Sane, Nolito, Navas and Nacho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.