Everton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tactical change was brilliant to watch after the last few months,makes us solid at the back and freedom for the midfield to break away.pushing cliche/sagna right up on the wings instead of moving inside and silva/kdb allowed to come deep for the ball where they would normally be. Lots of options and different formations now. Well played Pep, Just need the players on his wave lengh to change formations when needed and not let these bus parking teams get away with mugging us off.

It worked very well, but it benefited from an element of surprise. West Ham just werent prepared for it. Everton will be and if we use it at Everton Spurs will be planning even more on how to counteract it.

The test of any formation is how well they work once opponenents suss them out. Diamonds often fail that test.

I expect we will see it now and again but not on a regular basis.

I think Kelchi might get a start. Aguero apears to be having the mid season blues at the moment. He seemed like he wasn't arsed at times during the WHU game despite his goal. He slowed down massively in the last 15-20 minutes.

Kun still doesn't look in elite physical condition to me. He still looks 'over bulked ' & a little 'muscle bound'. His stamina over long runs looks a bit suspect but that could be that he doesn't enjoy that side of the game. He spends less time in the box now than at any time in his time with us.

I was hoping that he'd gone on a 'Yaya' styled conditioning boot camp when he was suspended. He was sharp when he came on agin Burnley......we need that type of performance over 90 minutes game,after game,after game.

Kun still doesn't look in elite physical condition to me. He still looks 'over bulked ' & a little 'muscle bound'. His stamina over long runs looks a bit suspect but that could be that he doesn't enjoy that side of the game. He spends less time in the box now than at any time in his time with us.

I was hoping that he'd gone on a 'Yaya' styled conditioning boot camp when he was suspended. He was sharp when he came on agin Burnley......we need that type of performance over 90 minutes game,after game,after game.

That's the whole point. For the last 2 years all he's done is walk around the 18 yard box waiting for someone to give him the ball, now Pep has him working his bollocks off and contributing to more of the game.

As a result, he was the person who put Sagna in down the wing to cross for the 2nd goal, and he was the person who put Sterling through on goal for the 3rd.

That's exactly what we want him doing, he was contributing to build up play, and still had enough time in dangerous areas to grab himself a goal as well, and could have got a couple more.

They are good at Goodison Park and expect them to be very physical as well. Never easy this fixture.
they have been in the past but this team ain't great we need to get a grip, with a full strength side we should I think beat these comfortably

they have been in the past but this team ain't great we need to get a grip, with a full strength side we should I think beat these comfortably
This. If we can keep tabs on Lukaku they really aren't that good. Gueye and Bolasie being out is the equivalent of us playing without Silva and Fernandinho. The rest of their squad is somewhat average. If we can beat WHU 5-0 we can get something here.

Always a tough game at Goodison. Fortunately we look like we've upped our game this new year.

I've got tickets in the home end which could be.... interesting.

Always a tough game at Goodison. Fortunately we look like we've upped our game this new year.

I've got tickets in the home end which could be.... interesting.
I will pay you to go wearing a full Liverpool kit with the name 'No Trophy Since' and the number 95 on the back.

I've been surprised how bad Everton have been, at times. Thought Koeman would be up and running pretty quickly.
He doesn't seem to know what his best side is. A few of their players are well under performing. Coleman for one.
Seems 2 yards slower. Baines has seen better days and Jagielka is an accident waiting to happen. Funny all defenders.
If you think ours is bad (I don't btw) theirs is iffy at best. Plus Lukaku is very hit and miss and only Mirallas seems able
to bale them out, from time to time. Saying this, it's at Goodison and they are always fired up for our visit.
But play with some urgency and these should crack quite easily. Think we'll win this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.