Virgin router issue

Lemon7277

Hi all...sorry if this a bit long winded but bear with me...Got a virgin super hub 2 router to which I'm trying to use 3 ports to hard wire 3 devices...One is direct to the streamer...The other 2 are going into a twin tplink which is for upstairs...When I connect the 2nd link to the tp link it shuts the wi-fi 2.4 and 5 gz lights off and the data light is permanently flashing...If I take the ethernet out of the tp link and re boot the router all goes back to normal...Tried swapping the cable to the ports on the twin links to try and eliminate a cable issue but still does the same....Anyone any ideas ...Thanks in advance

It's fine...The 1st link of the tp link is running the Xboxes upstairs and has been doing so for a couple of months ..the issue becomes apparent when I plug the ethernet lead into the 2nd link on the tp links and connect it to the router that's when it cuts the wi-fi lights and cuts the internet...thus I have to re boot the router take the 2nd lead out and all goes back to normal

i'm puzzled as to why you're plugging the router into the twin port TP Link twice? If you wire it at all (does it not connect via WiFi?) surely you'd only use 1 of the ports? The other would then be used (if needed) with a fly lead for the TV for instance?

i'm puzzled as to why you're plugging the router into the twin port TP Link twice? If you wire it at all (does it not connect via WiFi?) surely you'd only use 1 of the ports? The other would then be used (if needed) with a fly lead for the TV for instance?
The router is running 1 hard wired connection to a streamer downstairs..Another port used on the router to one side of the twin to link to run 2 Xboxes upstairs with the other twin link up there with both connections used to run the x boxes...And trying to use the other side of the twin down stairs to hardwire another streamer upstairs with a single tplink due to week a weak wi-fi signal...It's when the 2nd side of the one downstairs cuts the router for some bizarre reason...Begining to think the one downstairs has a faulty 2nd connection thus putting a short to the router

The router is running 1 hard wired connection to a streamer downstairs..Another port used on the router to one side of the twin to link to run 2 Xboxes upstairs with the other twin link up there with both connections used to run the x boxes...And trying to use the other side of the twin down stairs to hardwire another streamer upstairs with a single tplink due to week a weak wi-fi signal...It's when the 2nd side of the one downstairs cuts the router for some bizarre reason...Begining to think the one downstairs has a faulty 2nd connection thus putting a short to the router
If the two TP Links are identical have you tried swapping them?

You're creating a physical network loopback if its crashing the router as soon as the second connection is made. The twin powerline adapters are notorious for it or it could be a cross over network cable. If it's not that you've got two conflicting static IP's (192.168.1.1 is the default on most routers) I would imagine.

If it's not that you've got two conflicting static IP's (192.168.1.1 is the default on most routers) I would imagine.

I think you've cracked it.

I'd look at plugging the TP link directly into a PC, logging onto it and changing the IP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.