Full Backs?

Always hoped that we'd go for Bruno Peres. Seems to have all the attributes we need and, at 26, would be the right age, filling the gap between those already contracted.

luke shaw worth a punt anybody? was looking decent before his horrific injury. out of favour with the unspecial one.

Bertrand would be a good shout - or he'll follow the well trodden route from Southampton to Liverpool.

Fabinho would offer some skill & versatility, with the bonus of being a big lad.

fabinho for RB and alex sandro for LB for be amazing
You get my vote too for the first choice slot!

LB and RB are the most demanding positions in the team and need to be regularly rotated so we really do need 4 going forward.
So Maffeo and Zinchenko are good bets for second choice but only Maffeo will qualify as home grown (we bought Zinchenko a year too late). I believe our fullbacks WILL be pushed further forward than other teams. the 2-3 formation of CH and DM/FB are probably with us to stay - regardless of whether there is a Diamond.

But in reality we need TWO English trained players in the full back slots. Maffeo would be one so really, we need one of Spurs Full backs, Rose or Walker - more likely Danny Rose as he's a Left Back - The cost would be extortionate.

Last edited:
Looking at other option that could pop up in the market.
RB - Ricardo Pereira, Peres, Fabinho, Sidibe
LB - Alex Sandro, Grimaldo if Healthy, maybe Bertrand, I wouldn't hate it if we tried to go after Kurzawa again

luke shaw worth a punt anybody? was looking decent before his horrific injury. out of favour with the unspecial one.

Don't think any player is the same after an injury like that,especially a defender who may have to go in for tackles that may not always be in their favour,must play on the mind,IMO.

You get my vote too for the first choice slot!

LB and RB are the most demanding positions in the team and need to be regularly rotated so we really do need 4 going forward.
So Maffeo and Zinchenko are good bets for second choice but only Maffeo will qualify as home grown (we bought Zinchenko a year too late). I believe our fullbacks WILL be pushed further forward than other teams. the 2-3 formation of CH and DM/FB are probably with us to stay - regardless of whether there is a Diamond.

But in reality we need TWO English trained players in the full back slots. Maffeo would be one so really, we need one of Spurs Full backs, Rose or Walker - more likely Danny Rose as he's a Left Back - The cost would be extortionate.
If Zinchenko becomes a genuine member of our squad it will be as back-up for the 8 and 10 positions, not as a left-back.

If Kompany gets fit and we get van dijk, plus otamendi then Stones could be an option at RB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.