The fans are bigger at Spurs

Its one game. It doesn't make you superior. That's why we have the league table. Anyway, I am pretty sure City usually turn it on against the top teams at home but in other games you don't turn up. Let's see how City do in the smaller games over the next few weeks. Your attack is good but not clinical enough. If it wasn't for Lloris giving you two goals would you actually have scored? We also still exposed your soft underbelly in defense with two well taken clinical goals.

You were the better side yesterday no doubt but we had a bad day and still didn't lose. We just don't lose many games at all and the side never gives up.

I also think the media were way over hyping citys problems. You'll be fighting for 2nd to 4th like the rest of us. Think the title is Chelseas if they win today.

And just the same as last season at the Etihad, it required the ref making a monumental fuck-up in order for you to come away with something.

Clattenburg's decision to give a penalty when the ball hit Sterling on the back still irritates me.

You were also absolutely gifted two offside goals last season at WHL after de Bruyne put City 1-0 up. That particular decision not to flag Walker(who was several yards offside) was appalling by that linesman.

If the ref does his job yesterday there is a very good chance you don't get anything from that game.

Pochettino didn't even have the good grace to admit it should have been a penalty and a red card.

Not read the thread, but they are the most boring set of fans. "Oh when the Spurs" followed by "Yid Army" (sure I'd be thrown out for chanting that?!) ad nauseum.

Not read the thread, but they are the most boring set of fans. "Oh when the Spurs" followed by "Yid Army" (sure I'd be thrown out for chanting that?!) ad nauseum.

Agreed. Very, very poor. Just like Everton, turning up in big numbers doesn't equate to good support.You need to get behind the team.

But Spurs will ALWAYS turn up in big numbers regardless of where the game is and if its midweek, etc.

If yesterday's performance was your lot "on form", I'd be more worried if I were you.

A clear level below City across the board and ended up riding out a point off the back of a stonewall penalty not given and an offside equaliser.

I'm normally somewhat sympathetic to Spurs, but some of the reactions from your fans show a lack of grace (read: class) I haven't witnessed from any other Prem fan base this season. You're going to win fuck all and, as of yesterday, I think you'll find most round here are quite happy with that arrangement.

We are the form team of the league, check the form guide. We had a bad day yesterday, a mixture of City being better than us, but also I feel we didn't really turn up. How much is one or the other is always impossible to decipher. I'm certainly not worried, we have an excellent defense, midfield and attack. Its why we are currently second in the league. Being out played at City yet still not losing isn't going to give me sleepless nights.

These are all fair points, and it is the same problem for us of creating so many chances that we don't take. We can't rely on mistakes like those Lloris made to gift us goals, we've got to be more clinical. Once we take a higher proportion of our chances we'll be flying, and someday we're going to destroy somebody!

I guess the defence will have to be sorted out in summer and for now we'll just have to try and attack and hope we outscore however many we let in.

I agree about the media, they always overhype problems, and they do have their favourites (Spurs, Chelsea and the shit from Trafford) - do you feel that from a Spurs point of view about the media? Definitely feels to most of us that City get a raw deal from the media.

Long way to go yet, hopefully if we finally start finishing better we still have a chance to reign Chelsea in. To be honest if we can't win it I'd rather Spurs than them.

I think all fans of all clubs think they get a raw deal from the media. If we lose 4 nil next week it would happen to Spurs. City are a big talking point though as Guardiola was hyped up big time, by your own club, fans and the media, and then when it doesn't go according to plan, the knives are out from the media. Also, being honest, I think Guardiola hasn't helped himself with some of his post match interviews, you can see he's been feeling the pressure.

I think all fans of all clubs think they get a raw deal from the media. If we lose 4 nil next week it would happen to Spurs. City are a big talking point though as Guardiola was hyped up big time, by your own club, fans and the media, and then when it doesn't go according to plan, the knives are out from the media. Also, being honest, I think Guardiola hasn't helped himself with some of his post match interviews, you can see he's been feeling the pressure.

The daily mail sports comments section just called they want their opinions back.

We are the form team of the league, check the form guide. We had a bad day yesterday, a mixture of City being better than us, but also I feel we didn't really turn up. How much is one or the other is always impossible to decipher. I'm certainly not worried, we have an excellent defense, midfield and attack. Its why we are currently second in the league. Being out played at City yet still not losing isn't going to give me sleepless nights.

no but arsenal above you again will give you sleepless nights oh and enjoy your champs league games OH WAIT LOL

At the end of the day, we're both successful clubs, and words have been put into Pochettino's mouth for a cheap soundbite, in the same way that Guardiola's response to Guy Mowbray's first question was always going to be the BBC headline last night. (imagine if he'd said what he was really thinking about that non-penalty decision)
However, it does amuse me that by playing at Wembley next season, Tottenham will probably have a bigger average attendance than the rags.
As United are totally obsessed with size, they'll probably insist on Tottenham's figures being discounted.

It's defence

Primativ

You have an excellent defence, midfield and attack. Your moving into a new, state of the art, big stadium so things are looking good for you. So what do you think you'll actually win over the next 5 seasons? Win more than City?

Will Danny Rose, Kyle Walker, Deli Alli, Hugo Lloris, Toby Alderweireld all stay to earn very modest wages (In football terms) and be happy seeing out their careers at a club that'll more than likely always be a nearly club, nearly winning the title, getting to Champions League now and again with a day at Wembley now and again or will they have a bit more ambition and actually want to make their mark on football or at least have a better chance to?

I'm not being a c**t about it, I'm just seeking an opinion from a Spurs fan about your short to long term expectations and how they'd compare with ours, Chelsea's, Liverpools, Manure's and other clubs around Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.