May and the missile

If Trident were taken away, you would kill off a lot of local industry and hundreds of jobs. Ain't going anywhere though

We aimed to re divert the resources saved with this waste of time to invest in infrastructure and business growth, the NHS and possible exploration of the Clyde estuary for oil and gas.

It amazes me that you think we haven't thought of the implications or how to offset the estimated 6,000 jobs.

Things change. We have lost six times that number through the Thatcher inspired destruction of the coal, steel and shipbuilding industries.

This system to annihilate innocent Russian people that will never be used and is folly. We don't have an empire anymore, but some just can't seem to get that. We can't afford it now, the economic kick in the balls post Brexit, will mean that paying for it means even more savage cuts to the NHS, education, social care etc.

We don't want trident or Brexit.

If others want it take it and the nukes and park them on your doorstep.

As I said let us see where the greatest support for these missiles and send them there.

70% of us want them to go. 62% wanted to stay in Europe and we will have both nukes and Brexit aligned to a rise in Ukip south of the border and eternal Tory governments and people still wonder why ex Labour voters up here have said enough?

Add in the total fuckfest that is the Labour Party that has to go right wing to have any chance in England,then it's the perfect storm of circumstances that will lead more people to think of going it alone.

Be clear, it is not rabid jocks in kilts screaming freedom bravehearts. It's ex labour voters and members seeing the capitulation of the Labour Party and the rest of the country moving to the right. We were told in the Project Fear Indy ref that voting no was the only way to retain access to the single market.

62% voted to remain.

Tin hat.

Last edited:
We aimed to re divert the resources saved with this waste of time to invest in infrastructure and business growth, the NHS and possible exploration of the Clyde estuary for oil and gas.

It amazes me that you think we haven't thought of the implications or how to offset the estimated 6,000 jobs.

Things change. We have lost six times that number through the Thatcher inspired destruction of the coal, steel and shipbuilding industries.

This system to annihilate innocent Russian people that will never be used and is folly. We don't have an empire anymore, but some just can't seem to get that. We can't afford it now, the economic kick in the balls post Brexit, will mean that paying for it means even more savage cuts to the NHS, education, social care etc.

We don't want trident or Brexit.

If others want it take it and the nukes and park them on your doorstep.

As I said let us see where the greatest support for these missiles and send them there.

70% of us want them to go. 62% wanted to stay in Europe and we will have both nukes and Brexit aligned to a rise in Ukip south of the border and eternal Tory governments and people still wonder why ex Labour voters up here have said enough?

Add in the total fuckfest that is the Labour Party that has to go right wing to have any chance in England,then it's the perfect storm of circumstances that will lead more people to think of going it alone.

Be clear, it is not rabid jocks in kilts screaming freedom bravehearts. It's ex labour voters and members seeing the capitulation of the Labour Party and the rest of the country moving to the right. We were told in the Project Fear Indy ref that voting no was the only way to retain access to the single market.

62% voted to remain.

Tin hat.

If Scotland does not want them then I am pretty sure we will happily take them. Thousands of high tech, high wage jobs is okay in my book.

The measurable cost is also not that high and totally exaggerated. I have said on here many times before that the cost is spread over the lifetime of the thing you are buying. We don't pay £30bn now or whatever which could otherwise be spent elsewhere, we pay it over the 25 year lifetime. Much of the cost is also spread across the other users of the system, IE the US who develop it.

The measurable cost that could be directed to the NHS therefore assuming governemnt figures are correct on the cost of the replacement is around £1.2bn a year. At worst and even if they were true, the campaigners wildly exaggerated costs of £200bn would only net a paltry £8bn a year in savings.. This one sounds a lot but it isn't even 0.5% of GDP per year.

If Scotland does not want them then I am pretty sure we will happily take them. Thousands of high tech, high wage jobs is okay in my book.

The measurable cost is also not that high and totally exaggerated. I have said on here many times before that the cost is spread over the lifetime of the thing you are buying. We don't pay £30bn now or whatever which could otherwise be spent elsewhere, we pay it over the 25 year lifetime. Much of the cost is also spread across the other users of the system, IE the US who develop it.

The measurable cost that could be directed to the NHS therefore assuming governemnt figures are correct on the cost of the replacement is around £1.2bn a year. At worst and even if they were true, the campaigners wildly exaggerated costs of £200bn would only net a paltry £8bn a year in savings.. This one sounds a lot but it isn't even 0.5% of GDP per year.

When can you pick them up?

I'll stick the kettle on. :)

Maybe even a large malt.

Opposed to labeling them lazy wasters like you just did? It's daft stuff like this from the Mail and Express that's got us in this mess.
I didn't describe the feckless chavs as lazy wasters, I just said they sit on their arses all day.

Well thats not true is it. The Trident system is fully operationally independent of the US.

Will believe that when I see it.

Who would we want to fire it at? Is Russia going to invade us? Us it worth ending the world over Ukraine? If China build a couple of islands will we threaten to bomb them?

They are pointless. A strong conventional armed forces and spooks able to find and kill those who want to kill us.

That's money well spent. Not oversized dildos sitting in a sub never to be used but just driven about endlessly until they are obsolete then it will be an even better kill ratio one to keep us safe.

You wonder how citizens outwith the ten or so nations who have nukes sleep at night. I don't see them demonstrating to be allowed to have them. They must issue Calpol andNight Nurse to every citizen to take the edge off the terror.

At total con to make us feel important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.