Ex City Youth Players

You do know that if we had an 'if only' thread that Suarez wouldn't be on it? He wanted away to Barca full stop.
There has been talk that was, at least in part, because his entourage saw his path to the first team blocked or—at the very least—considerably hindered. While I do not know for sure, I do know those types of desires rarely happen spontaneously and independent of other situations.

In other words, he didn't go to bed thinking "I love City, my teammates, and my possible future here" and wake the next morning saying to himself "you know, I have this insatiable need to go to Barca."

There has been talk that was, at least in part, because his entourage saw his path to the first team blocked or—at the very least—considerably hindered. While I do not know for sure, I do know those types of desires rarely happen spontaneously and independent of other situations.

In other words, he didn't go to bed thinking "I love City, my teammates, and my possible future here" and wake the next morning saying to himself "you know, I have this insatiable need to go to Barca."
Perhaps he always wanted Barca? He was only at City for 2 years and it'll be 4 years this summer since he left us, people sometimes seem under the impression that he left us and walked into Barca's 1st team squad straight off whereas the reality is that it took 3 full seasons (including being sold to Villarreal) before Barca decided he was good enough (and ripped Villarreal off into the bargain by the looks).

Perhaps he always wanted Barca? He was only at City for 2 years and it'll be 4 years this summer since he left us, people sometimes seem under the impression that he left us and walked into Barca's 1st team squad straight off whereas the reality is that it took 3 full seasons (including being sold to Villarreal) before Barca decided he was good enough (and ripped Villarreal off into the bargain by the looks).
Oh, I know—I actually saw him play at El Madrigal (may it rest in piece) as the other side of my family are Spanish (I'm a halfer) and my cousin lives in Almassora. It wasn't one of his best matches, if I am honest, but you could tell there was something there. I just didn't know if he would ever completely find it.

I obviously can't say he always wanted Barca but, if that was the case, his choices certainly lent to a meandering plan to achieve that.

At any rate, my point still stands that we'll have more of these unhappy discussions if we don't continue develop the path to the first team.

Oh, I know—I actually saw him play at El Madrigal (may it rest in piece) as the other side of my family are Spanish (I'm a halfer) and my cousin lives in Almassora. It wasn't one of his best matches, if I am honest, but you could tell there was something there. I just didn't know if he would ever completely find it.

I obviously can't say he always wanted Barca but, if that was the case, his choices certainly lent to a meandering plan to achieve that.

At any rate, my point still stands that we'll have more of these unhappy discussions if we don't continue develop the path to the first team.

It's not that meandering - he left us and signed for Barcelona. That's as straight a line to barcelona as you can get.

It's not that meandering - he left us and signed for Barcelona. That's as straight a line to barcelona as you can get.
I wouldn't say that is particularly straight.

Besides, in hindsight things have a tendency to look much more inevitable than actually the case. Hence hindsight bias, Black Swan effect, and several other well-travelled conigitive fallacies based on oversimplification of outcomes based on present knowledge.

Speaking of which, I wish I had put money on Denis scoring a brace for Barca.

George Evans will be starting the play off final tonight.

Would absolutely love to see him in the premier league.

George Evans will be starting the play off final tonight.

Would absolutely love to see him in the premier league.

Totally torn as I want Huddersfield up cos I'm so, so bored of Reading as a whole, but I wanna see him do well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.