Gabriel Jesus - 2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJ was understandably rusty after only a couple of hard training sessions since his lay-off, otherwise he would have had a hat-trick. It was a real boost that he lasted the 90 minutes, that will have done wonders for his match sharpness. I thought he and Sergio worked well together, it must be a defenders nightmare playing against those two, very difficult to try and crowd out one of them without giving the other space. Considering he isn't that tall GJ's ability in the air is an added bonus, it's a threat we've mostly lacked since Dzeko left - great leap and got power and direction in the header.

Feels Good don't it?

Sane, Jesus and Sterling is gonna be an absolutely terrifying prospect in the future.

By God, he can jump!

That was a tremendous leap to get on the end of Sergio's cross. We really do gave a fantastic young talent on our hands; he is going to scare Premier League defenders to death in the next few seasons.

I'm so excited by this lad.

I don't actually think he could play much worse than he did on Saturday but he still scored and caused them constant problems. I'm convinced if he didn't miss two months of the season then he'd be on 12+ goals.

I don't actually think he could play much worse than he did on Saturday but he still scored and caused them constant problems. I'm convinced if he didn't miss two months of the season then he'd be on 12+ goals.

And the goal in itself was some finish! He looks to be such a deadly striker, maybe if he can sort out not being offside while attempting to score crucial winners... :)

Played in a front 3 alongside Sané & Raz and was sensational pre-injury..First start after injury,plays with another striker in a 2 upfront and isn't the same,partly due to being rusty and partly because don't think he can play with that striker in a two as they looked so disjointed all game.Don't want him playing outwide or in a two,so something has to give in the summer.

Expecting a brace tomorrow. This kid has a warrior mentally and he knows he didn't have a good game against boro. I don't think he's even scratched the surface yet. There's so much more to his game that he hasn't yet been able to showcase (more than capable at LW [I'm positive he'd be far more consistent than Sane], skill in 1v1's, finishing from long range, decision making on the counter). This was a dream signing for me and I was as close to 100% that he'd come in and be a success from match 1. I'm as ignorant as they come when it comes to tactics but I can spot when a talent has that extra 5% that makes great players potentially legendary. It's all in the mindset...the focus, the ferocity, intangibles, instinct, the will power, etc. You can see it in Sanchez, Suarez, and Tevez. I don't think Sterling has it and Sane I'm up in the air on. That's why I argued so hard for Kante in the summer and why I was so desperate to land GJ. These players win you titles and aren't as prone to dry patches. They give you less variance and as a result more consistency. It's scary how great Kun could be if he had some of the qualities I mentioned.

I'm not sure how many games Aguero will miss but if Jesus goes on the run that I'm expecting him to, or even continues producing at the current rate then I'm not sure how anybody can vouch for Kun as anything but option #2 going into next season. I believe playing them both seems forced and it's a mistake.

Expecting a brace tomorrow. This kid has a warrior mentally and he knows he didn't have a good game against boro. I don't think he's even scratched the surface yet. There's so much more to his game that he hasn't yet been able to showcase (more than capable at LW [I'm positive he'd be far more consistent than Sane], skill in 1v1's, finishing from long range, decision making on the counter). This was a dream signing for me and I was as close to 100% that he'd come in and be a success from match 1. I'm as ignorant as they come when it comes to tactics but I can spot when a talent has that extra 5% that makes great players potentially legendary. It's all in the mindset...the focus, the ferocity, intangibles, instinct, the will power, etc. You can see it in Sanchez, Suarez, and Tevez. I don't think Sterling has it and Sane I'm up in the air on. That's why I argued so hard for Kante in the summer and why I was so desperate to land GJ. These players win you titles and aren't as prone to dry patches. They give you less variance and as a result more consistency. It's scary how great Kun could be if he had some of the qualities I mentioned.

I'm not sure how many games Aguero will miss but if Jesus goes on the run that I'm expecting him to, or even continues producing at the current rate then I'm not sure how anybody can vouch for Kun as anything but option #2 going into next season. I believe playing them both seems forced and it's a mistake.
Pep said today he wanted to play them together because of our lack of goals

Great post ! Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.