Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

some good points there mate. even if you can afford it, platinum, the cup schemes, the tunnel club...., surely you have to look around you at the ground and be concerned with the direction the club is going ( fan wise ).ive mentioned this a few times, but you can see it when you go to games. the majority of people are over 50, barely any young lads going to games. you would have thought with one of the most successful periods in our history the ground would be bouncing, but its not. theres more empty seats then ever imo and the atmosphere is awful. theres a disconnection between the core fan base and the club at the minute.

Absolutely. There is no liason except bland e mail's, there is no visible leadership and no communication. I go to the ground now and it feels just like going to a supermarket or a concert. I am going to watch an event but I have no real affinity other than that. It is bland, souless and lifeless. Where is our invisible chairman?? He pops up once a year online at the end of the season. As fan's we feel we don't have a voice and it is just " This is happening, like it or leave!" I am baffled at the club's attitude to fan's concerns and fear it means only one thing. They want us out and replaced by bigger spending tourists.

You're falling in to the trap of the brainwashed rag and talking about empty seats. You should concentrate on the full ones. Last season and this season are the highest average attendance we have ever achieved in 120 years of history. We should be proud of and celebrate our attendances, not falling for the bullshit "Fake News" pushed on Facebook by a load of idiotic and insecure rags.

54,000 plus is more than Liverpool and their "wonderful supporters" have achieved in their glorious history, so City fans really need to get over this inferiority complex about empty seats and puff out your chest a bit and stick up for the club.
s
The atmosphere is shit, but show me a ground that's got a better atmosphere today than it had 20 years ago. The only one I can think of is Selhurst Park and they have organised flags, drums and megaphones and all sorts of shite. It's not for me.

If it's a tight game against a close rival the atmosphere will take care of itself - the Chelsea game, Arsenal game and the derby being good examples. But a 12.30 kick off against West Brom will be a shite atmosphere, I guarantee it. But it would have been shite 20 years ago at Maine Road. After the Kippax went all seating, the atmosphere at Maine Road was often shite too.

im not falling into any rag trap or believing "fake news". i am proud of our attendances, we have fantastic attendances. I'm basing it on what i see when i go to games, theres empty seats every game and its not just a few. its noticeable, especially in the family stand, theres more now then other years. i only went to maine road for the last few years it was there and it was miles better then what we have now. it wasnt amazing every game i agree, but its not even comparable to now. imagine if we were winning the league at maine road, it would be miles louder then the etihad.

These threads are starting to get very tedious.

For me £0.79 p/game increase
For my lad £0.26 p/game increase
Renewed.

Come on there is about a dozen people on here doing that its minuscule amount with the main scheme of things. We will find out next season in the cups how many actually sacked off the cups.

We won't know until the 1st round of the LC at home, but my guess is there will be more empty seats than ever, and City will be forced to almost give the tickets away.

All 3 of us have dropped out of the LC and FA Cup. I bet you can times that by a few thousand across the 54,000 match going blues.

It will certainly add up to more than 2.5% of revenue in the LC and FA Cup for City.

We won't know until the 1st round of the LC at home, but my guess is there will be more empty seats than ever, and City will be forced to almost give the tickets away.

All 3 of us have dropped out of the LC and FA Cup. I bet you can times that by a few thousand across the 54,000 match going blues.

It will certainly add up to more than 2.5% of revenue in the LC and FA Cup for City.
Yes maybe although to be fair any home tie is going to increase revenue whatever the attendance and ticket price.

im not falling into any rag trap or believing "fake news". i am proud of our attendances, we have fantastic attendances. I'm basing it on what i see when i go to games, theres empty seats every game and its not just a few. its noticeable, especially in the family stand, theres more now then other years. i only went to maine road for the last few years it was there and it was miles better then what we have now. it wasnt amazing every game i agree, but its not even comparable to now. imagine if we were winning the league at maine road, it would be miles louder then the etihad.

But if there's 54k there, why are you concerned about some empty seats? Who cares if some people can't make it, kids can't go to night games etc? Check out this video showing Maine Rd, there were often thousands of empty seats in the North Stand and Platt Lane (the stands behind the goals) for most games, but the difference then was, no one gave a fuck about empty seats.

The "empty seats" narrative has only been a thing in the last couple of years since the rags started going to shite on the pitch they had to start making things up about us having empty seats and all our fans coming from Stockport. It's absolute bullshit and they've managed to hoodwink millions in to believing it.

The Shite had a full tier closed for a quarter final the other week and it didn't get any press coverage whatsoever. Arsenal regularly have large swathes of empty seats, but no one pays it any mind. City having empty seats is a story, so it gets talked about in the press, social media, and in turn in the ground when you see some empty seats.

If you only went for a couple of years, maybe you've got misty eyed memories of the Maine Rd atmosphere being like a Galatasary vs Fenerbace derby every week - it really wasn't. When the Kippax was still standing it was a brilliant atmosphere at times, singing and bouncing all game for lots of games, but it could sometimes be flat too. After it went to all seating the atmosphere was pretty shite for the most part. It had it's moments, the derbies and games against Newcastle and Stoke were often pretty lively, but it wasn't absolutely rocking every week.

The atmosphere has got worse as time has gone on, but as I say, that's the same at pretty much every football ground now.

I was not going to renew mainly for the reasons many have mentioned earlier . However today I went for Value Gold and with the ticket exchange money I had accrued I only had to fork out £122 for the season. The feeling of getting ripped off and not valued by the club has been cushioned by paying next to nothing next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.