Pep : The youngsters 'will be training with us and we are going to see how they are'

Interesting he mentions 16, 17 and 18 yr olds as not ready yet which I presume refers to Diaz, Foden and Sancho.

But no mention of the older kids such as Tosin, Barker, Unal,Roberts, Zinchenko making a break into the squad either. It sounds like a closed shop again next year and more loans to be arranged.

Last edited:
roll on next Sunday and third place sorted, so the idiot's can go back to their respective villages for a few months.

The club needs to make a real effort to use young players in the Cups. Worked for Arsenal. Get experience and price the games accordingly £5 and £1. As others have said, coach can't play players in league games. Young players need a season to adapt and learn eg Kane who was useless for a season. Do we have time to let young layers develop in the team? Only if fans are prepared to write off a season.

I don't seen how a coach can play young players in a team unless he has a super - team which is totally dominant and he can carry one or two young players. We are nowhere near that stage. Academy project is flawed because everyone knows that no matte how good a player is in the academy they need time to adapt in the first team, and there is no way with the competitive nature of the league that a City XI can carry one or two players

I'm not sure that Girona offers an opportunity for more than the odd one.
Sending a group of young players there would be a bit like sending them to Brighton. Why would they want them? They'd be looking to stay in the top flight and wouldn't want to take too many risks on untried players from City.

I agree with him that at the EDS level, it isn't that competitive. There is a huge gap between that and first team football. Only thing that can be done is change the system or leave as it is and make use of what is in place. If you look around the league, you won't see a lot of academy players or youngster in premier league teams. I know a lot shout to the hills about it but if you ask a lot of fans of different teams, they couldn't really tell you of one or two of their own in the team. I think the bigger teams get judged massively on this in comparison to smaller teams. Everyone buys more players than use academy players. Some teams who have youth players in their first team also didn't develop them. They bought them form other teams themselves.

We all know something needs to be done to improve the situation. Goodness knows what that is. One can only hope that the right coaching is giving so the players can make it anywhere if they don't at the parent club. Example being Trippier for instance. There are many others. Can cross the ball. Always finds him man. Only if he played for us. Well he is a former Man City youth academy player playing for Tottenham. Could be doing a job now here. Sigh. Well hopefully the talented ones end up in the team at some point.

Interesting he mentions 16, 17 and 18 yr olds as not ready yet which I presume refers to Diaz, Foden and Sancho.

But no mention of the older kids such as Tosin, Barker, Unal,Roberts, Zinchenko making a break into the squad either. It sounds like a closed shop again next year and more loans to be arranged.

He didn't mention anyone by name.
Of those you mentioned one couldn't get a work permit. The others are not ready for the premier league.

He didn't mention anyone by name.
Of those you mentioned one couldn't get a work permit. The others are not ready for the premier league.

No he did not mention anyone by name nor did he mention that the 'young players' in the older age bracket would be incorporated into the squad.

I am not arguing either way whether they are ready just that it appears they are not in Peps plan next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.