Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Sinclair looks a world beater in that league, Roberts has talent but I doubt he's ready for City...
Have you seen some of the goals he has scored?

The problem City and Roberts have is that somehow City's kids have to prove they are good enough but at the same time the playing squad is not good enough to carry one or two players seeing as we're already carrying several older players. Even experienced players take a while to adapt in the 1st team.

When Kane came through, he dd nothing for a season. Bu Spurs weren't competing for trophies then so they carried on playing him

The problem Roberts has at City is that somehow he has to get into a front 3 which might not include Aguero or Sterling. It might be crazy, but we might end up selling him for less than we bought him because players like Sane and Jesus have been amazing. He's still very young though. Surely he'll give it one season at City and see how he gets on. How could he pass up the opportunity. I hope Guardiola gives him a chance, although I could see him objectively looking at his first team and thinking how can I give this guy a game when Sterling can't play.

I remember commenting when we were in for Sane that we should not because we have Roberts. There is not really room at City for all these wide forwards

Last edited:
Oh, not that one again.

That rules out Luiz Suarez being any good, because thirty other strikers in the Dutch League were shite & was used by idiots on here to explain why Virgil Van Dijk would be a bad signing for City at 13 mil.

I wish people would stop using this. It's garbage.

The only way to find out about Roberts isto try him out. If he fails, sell him. If we don't try him out when he's done absolutely everything right, what was the point of buying him ?
My point entirely. Wanyama and VVD come to premier league and are beasts. Denayer and Roberts not ready. Shame as I think Denayer has pretty much had it at City. All of them standouts at Celtic in a weak league.

My point entirely. Wanyama and VVD come to premier league and are beasts. Denayer and Roberts not ready. Shame as I think Denayer has pretty much had it at City. All of them standouts at Celtic in a weak league.

Denayer doesn't even look fit to me nowardays, just galumping about like a fatty who has just had a spliff . Was twice the player when he came back from Celtic & that was the time to try him, as it is with Roberts now.

I don't see how it makes any difference re Sanchez. If Pep wants Sanchez, sign him. Also, give Roberts a go. Both could be done easily.

There are too many games for our players to play them all & stay sharp, all of them have struggled during last season from time to time & the one before, under the Pelle's training, they often struggled after ten minutes running.

If Roberts is just an impact sub, that's fine for his first season in the Prem anyhow, so long as he gets on. Take off Sterling or whoever, bring on Roberts. Rest Sanchez for a game, try Roberts, if he's shite, take him off etc etc, it's easy. We don't have to keep all of these players for a lifetime. If it turns out Roberts is the least effective, sell him, bring through Sancho, & so on & so on.

It's not difficult at all. We can sign players & bring through young ones. Keep the best, sell the others. Job done.

I like Roberts and really wish he is given a chance here but I can't see it happening, think he wants more regular first team football and the best we could offer him is navas role if he moves on. I would rather we stuck with aguero, sane, sterling, Jesus and give Roberts a chance then sign alexis.

Have you seen some of the goals he has scored?

The problem City and Roberts have is that somehow City's kids have to prove they are good enough but at the same time the playing squad is not good enough to carry one or two players seeing as we're already carrying several older players. Even experienced players take a while to adapt in the 1st team.

When Kane came through, he dd nothing for a season. Bu Spurs weren't competing for trophies then so they carried on playing him

The problem Roberts has at City is that somehow he has to get into a front 3 which might not include Aguero or Sterling. It might be crazy, but we might end up selling him for less than we bought him because players like Sane and Jesus have been amazing. He's still very young though. Surely he'll give it one season at City and see how he gets on. How could he pass up the opportunity. I hope Guardiola gives him a chance, although I could see him objectively looking at his first team and thinking how can I give this guy a game when Sterling can't play.

I remember commenting when we were in for Sane that we should not because we have Roberts. There is not really room at City for all these wide forwards

If we play with a front 3 then 6 players in the squad is a reasonable number:

Aguero, Sanches, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Roberts.

That line up assumes Navas and Nacho go, but that looks likely. I remember Keegan saying once that 6 strikers was a good number - that was rubbish but 6 players covering 3 positions and when many of those players can interchange is fine for me. You could easily start 3 and sub on 2 most weeks.

I also suspect Sanches could do a job in the midfield 3 behind as well in the Silva or KDB role.

Do the maths.
7 players covering 5 position. That is 5 x 50 plus starts = 250 game starts between them. 7 players will average 37 game starts each a season and probably come on in the rest of the games. One long term injury and that jumps to over 40 plus games each a season as a starter. Not only can we accommodate and keep happy 7 attacking players, we NEED 7 players at least to cover those 5 positions. Sanchez can cover all 5 positions. No brainier if we can get him.

Do the maths.
7 players covering 5 position. That is 5 x 50 plus starts = 250 game starts between them. 7 players will average 37 game starts each a season and probably come on in the rest of the games. One long term injury and that jumps to over 40 plus games each a season as a starter. Not only can we accommodate and keep happy 7 attacking players, we NEED 7 players at least to cover those 5 positions. Sanchez can cover all 5 positions. No brainier if we can get him.

I make it 6 players and 3 positions, that is obviously each player playing half the games so around 25 / 30 starts depending on how many we play.

Not sure how you get 5 positions and 7 players? We tend to have squads of around 25 each year which is obviously more than 2 players per position.

i think the point that 6 players to cover 3 places is correct but will Pep do that did he ever drop or rest Messi, if a player is on fire scoring loads of goals does he drop him ? personally i like 6 front players competing for 3 places gives you loads of options.
Back to Sanchez hope he is one of the 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.