Kippax

Wasn't it WBA away who stuffed the scum?
I seem to remember the PA announce the final score. We only heard WBA 5 then it was bedlam!

Correctissimo.

0-0 @ half time for us & rags were 3-0 down at baggies.

Second half atmosphere was phenomenal,really drove the team on,'Skip' scored a rare goal iirc ?

Walking down Claremont Road or the back streets from Victory street seeing the stand getting bigger and bigger and louder and louder. Programme sellers shouting how much the programme cost (always thought "pound yer programme" had the best ring to it). Sitting on the wall/barrier half way down the stand and desperately trying to get back on it quickly when you got knocked off it before some other urchin nicked your place. Holding on to a shit til you got home cos you didn't dare use the toilets, the urinals were bad enough. The smell of fags, cigars, piss and beer. Negotiating "dog shit alley" on the way home.

Looking back there were loads of reasons why, especially as a kid, you shouldn't have liked the place, but I loved it. The atmosphere has never been recreated imo, but maybe I'm just looking back with slightly smelly and at times overly-cramped tinted specs on.

I'll always consider myself a Kippax kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.