Kippax

maine+road+kippax+stand.jpg
How do. Can anyone confirm what the two main bars were called in the old Kippax Stand terrace. I think there were two, in fact it could've been three. All the bars were eventually named after players at Maine Road, and I seem to remember in the Kippax, one was called 'The Francis Lee bar', and other was called, 'The Denis Law bar'.
I've searched for images, and looked in books, but can't find frack all.
Dunno about the bar's, but I certainly have fond memories of that place. We used to stand above the tunnel on the left of the picture. We used to get in early doors and stay right to the end.

Always characters in the Kippax. Pete the Badge used to stand nearby and there was some bloke who always used to shout "terrible City" even if we were playing well. He claimed to be a referee, but he must have been Sunday League cos the f**ker was always there on a Saturday afternoon.

The first truly 'electric' atmosphere I remember was agin Everton in April 1968.
Rags were top,City second.
We won 2-0
Rags lost 5-3
Kippax really drove us on that night & to the title !!

Wasn't it WBA away who stuffed the scum?
I seem to remember the PA announce the final score. We only heard WBA 5 then it was bedlam!

I remember being in the Gene Kelly before it was called that in 82 v Swansea i think and a guy giving big Joe Corrigan loads of stick all game and at one opportune moment when it was quiet Corrigan heard this guy and shouted back ''shut your f####n mouth" everyone pissed themselves

Dunno about the bar's, but I certainly have fond memories of that place. We used to stand above the tunnel on the left of the picture. We used to get in early doors and stay right to the end.

Always characters in the Kippax. Pete the Badge used to stand nearby and there was some bloke who always used to shout "terrible City" even if we were playing well. He claimed to be a referee, but he must have been Sunday League cos the f**ker was always there on a Saturday afternoon.

Grand stuff, the Kippax is the main reason I follow this club. As a kid I hated the main stand, because I always wanted to go in the opposite side. It looked so much more fun in there.
Once I switched sides, (or was allowed to), I had lift off.

Grand stuff, the Kippax is the main reason I follow this club. As a kid I hated the main stand, because I always wanted to go in the opposite side. It looked so much more fun in there.
Once I switched sides, (or was allowed to), I had lift off.
The kippax played a massive part in me been a blue.
Well loving going as much as I did.
I'd would always had to be blue cos me dad would have killed me.

Going on the Kippax in the 70s was all i lived for it was a special place to be, all your mates and many new mates allways stood top of tunnel near away fans, it was a living breathing monster at times, must of been hell for away fans to come into, the sheer size of it must of been very intimadating, derby days really were something else often very scary, fuck i miss the place, thanks Dad.

The smell of cigs and stale beer, my dad trying to stop me getting crushed against the barriers on big games it was a different atmosphere that we will never see again.

There was a section called the crazy corner in the 80's it bordered onto a strip with the away fans who used to get a small standing section at the end of the kippax back then. There used to be a fair bit of flack flying....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.