Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently due in part to collapse of Sterling which meant that the cost of raw materials went up. That of course could reverse. However I think since the cost overshoot was announced, Sterling has fallen much further so the overshoot could be much worse than has been disclosed.

remember Wembley. Millenium Dome. major projects like these are renowned for budget overshoots.

You would have thought that if a builder is contracted to build the stadium, they carry the cost. That's what I would do to mitigate risk. Tbh I don't really know what I am talking about here so I will stop here, but just shows that Spurs are under financial pressure. They'll claim they have the financial resources in place to deal with that, and it doesn't impact on their transfer activity, but it is very noticeable just how quiet Spurs have been in the transfer mkt

How is the builder going to take a £400m extra expenditure? If it were due to delays brought on by the builders themselves fucking up, maybe, but raw materials costs?

Apparently due in part to collapse of Sterling which meant that the cost of raw materials went up. That of course could reverse. However I think since the cost overshoot was announced, Sterling has fallen much further so the overshoot could be much worse than has been disclosed.

remember Wembley. Millenium Dome. major projects like these are renowned for budget overshoots.

You would have thought that if a builder is contracted to build the stadium, they carry the cost. That's what I would do to mitigate risk. Tbh I don't really know what I am talking about here so I will stop here, but just shows that Spurs are under financial pressure. They'll claim they have the financial resources in place to deal with that, and it doesn't impact on their transfer activity, but it is very noticeable just how quiet Spurs have been in the transfer mkt

Raheem getting the blame for Tottingham Hotspunks misfortunes as well ;-)

How is the builder going to take a £400m extra expenditure? If it were due to delays brought on by the builders themselves fucking up, maybe, but raw materials costs?
Well they haven;t in this cse, but I thought that is usually what happens. You tender out a contract and pick one, and the firm who commits to do the work carries the risk.

Builder will be transparent on costs - no way will they carry the cost burden particularly in this environment. Spurs timing isn't great to undertake such a major project.

The question is how do you motivate Levy to sell.

Otherwise Walker will arrive at City on the last day of the transfer window for a world record fee, not match fit and tired and depressed by the whole process. And Pep will have to put him back together again.

On option would be offer Spurs some players. However, I don't see many that Spurs would want and City would sell. Hart perhaps if Lloris goes to united? Spurs have long admired Delph at Leeds and Villa but I think they have moved on.

The other option is to give Spurs a free run at transfer target or threaten to disrupt a potential deal. However, it is not clear who Spurs targets are.

Alternatively City could make a play for Alli, Kane, or Alderweireld and selling Walker would seem the least bad option.

We wait it out, Poch eventually will force this. He will want Walker out and I'm sure he wants to make some signings?

Levy is a knob, thinks he is dealing at the top table when in reality he has got lucky with having two world class players to sell and he made them awkward to buy so he could play out that Spurs are a top club. Levy outside of Bale and Modric hasn't exactly done any great business, bought a few players who have developed well but that is down to the coaches not him.

His buying has been on the whole I would say quite poor.

We wait it out, Poch eventually will force this. He will want Walker out and I'm sure he wants to make some signings?

Levy is a knob, thinks he is dealing at the top table when in reality he has got lucky with having two world class players to sell and he made them awkward to buy so he could play out that Spurs are a top club. Levy outside of Bale and Modric hasn't exactly done any great business, bought a few players who have developed well but that is down to the coaches not him.

His buying has been on the whole I would say quite poor.
Are you serious? Spurs buying has been as good as anyone's over recent years.

Are you serious? Spurs buying has been as good as anyone's over recent years.

Hmm lets see:

Bad: Nkoudou, Sissoko, Janssen, N'Jie, Fazio, Stambouli, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Chadli, Lamela

Good: Dier, Eriksen, Dele Alli, Alderweireld, Son, Wanyama. I'm going by post-Bale era but you can add Vertonghen and Lloris as well I guess.

More shit players than good players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.