Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels to me like every time I turn my telly or radio on someone is waxing lyrical about City. Every football fan I meet is raving about us too.

Oh I've never seen so much praise for us and I'm not an Agendarista. I often think some of our supporters get overly precious about what people in the media say about City. I do feel that a media where a lot of the ex players doing punditry come from teams that wear red shirts is always going to look biased against us to some degree and that some of the praise will seem to have been given grudgingly. We have to accept though that we are not currently the biggest box office draw in this country and that will take many years to change, if it does change.

It's derby week so lets start slagging off city players, if he's not amongst the great premier league players then who is, Charlie Austin?
DQR1xntXcAAJJnG.jpg:large

Disappointing to see Martin Samuel is now taking rag pills in Australia whilst reporting on the Ashes.

First a big piece on why poggy should not have got a red card & now giving it big about how clever peg is as a manager & how he will sort out the derby.

Thought he was better than that.

Collymore is a prime example of someone in the media who is biased against City.
I don't mind Stanley at all and for reason unbeknown to me I actually enjoyed listening to him on tS. He's been openly slagging us off ever since take over - who can forget every of his reporting from Etihad when he had to mention the number of sprinklers and people tending to the pitch after the game. I am much more bothered when the bias is spread through pseudo-neutral and serious reporting and journalism.

But isnt it just posters who regurgitate the same post daily. We know the bbc choose the rags as the viewing figures will surpass any other club by a distance. And as Martin Samuel stated, any controversial City story will get clicks, City winning continually won't. And any rag story of any sort will get more traffic/clicks than anything else. That's just the reality.

But! This should not be the rationale for a public broadcaster.

Agree I’m getting sick of it;)

There's a bloke doing some work on our roof, he's a Leeds fan (he's from Leeds so fair does). When I mentioned I was a City fan I couldn't stop him from waxing lyrical about the great football we play and how he always makes a point of watching our games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.