Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but how long ago did that last happen?
In order for him to get anywhere near his prime, he would need to play regularly for a long period of time. Is that likely to happen, considering how his last years have panned out? I think not.
Being thankful for his past contributions is all fine and dandy, but I would have a very hard time accepting we drop points in order to show a player gratitude, and I suspect the management, the squad and Vinny himself would laugh at that scenario.

Not sure you’ve read my post fully there have you?
We’ve accepted he won’t be first choice, second choice, probs even third choice, but some people telling him to hang up his boots is a disgrace. We owe it to him as fans, to stick by him for how we long he sees fit to keep fighting his injuries whilst he has a contract with us.

I think you are overreacting

No one will see Vinnie fit and in his prime again -age and injury have put paid to that
He has been loyal to us as we have been to him - we could have shipped him out if we hadn't
I haven't seen anyone on here posting anything but gratitude for his contribution and acknowledgement of what he has achieve with and for us, but most now see that he has little else to offer on the pitch and are simply reflecting on this.

As a club, we look fwd, grateful for what players and staff have done in the past, but how we can improve in the next phase of the journey.

Never once suggested we will see vinny in his prime again, I’m saying when he was in his prime he chose to stay with us, we should get behind him whilst he sees out his contract.
If you haven’t seen anything but gratitude you should probably read the thread again.

Love the guy but his injuries have pushed him down the pecking order on a permanent basis, I think.

He looked on the verge of tears when he went up into the stand last night.

We don’t necessarily owe him the world but we do owe him dignity for his blue blood and distinguished contribution. He’s “one of us”. Fortunately, there’s no reason to suspect the club or vast majority of Blues think differently.

His value to the team as a leader/ motivator can't be underestimated. His interview before the derby was fantastic

Mangala obviously not 100%, as he didnt come on straight away and when he did he had a phantom mask on
I think he was fine, the mask was for his nose. Subbing on Jesus was just a reaction to Newcastle having 11 players in their box.

Last night didn't really matter as Newcastle were so ultra defensive. However, it's a waste of a substitution, and considering Guardiola's fanatical focus, drive and determination, it's strange that this unprofessional situation has been allowed to continue for so long.

Is Vinny keeping something from the medical staff? He didn't even stretch it yesterday and seemed to tell Kyle rather than Pep?? Great servant but remember this all kicked off when he went off to play for the national team which was against the clubs wishes. I'm not saying he owes us any more loyalty above Belgium but he is paid by us to stay fit, and has the best advice available. Pep sent him to his trusted doc, and every time he's been injured since, Pep is getting VERY frustrated in the press conferences.

Said on here a couple of weeks ago that Vinny looked shot, and he looked like he knew it as well.
If i were him i'd come out and say, right, i'm giving it one last go and if i break down again that's it.
Far too good a person to leave the club though and an off field position should be nailed on for him.

Would love to see Vinny pick up the title in May , it would be a fitting finale for his career and a much deserved testimonial should be given to a truly great player and captain of our club , i wont get into slagging him off because of his recent injury problems i will leave that to others , and couldnt give a shite how much money he is paid whilst injured , he's took plenty of risks and showed guts whilst wearing our shirt .Its just a shame his career is ending on a sour note we can all see how much it hurts the man when he lets the team down with another injury. Lets give him 100% support when fit and appreciate what he has given the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.