The FA Cup (4th Rd ) - Cardiff (A)

but we wern't a few years ago? and I'm sure if they had their own way UEFA would love for us to not be in the competition.

Should Leicester of been in the UCL the other season?

What about the likes of Celtic etc who come from a poorer league, should they be allowed?

There is a set of criteria already established, Leicester, ourselves and Celtic fulfil that criteria and qualify on merit. Giving the spot to the cup winners is changing that criteria, and I'm simply arguing against such a change as I think the current system has more merit. If Bristol City finish in the top 4 then they would absolutely deserve their spot.

I have an FA Cup schedule related question. I decided one trip from the US was not enough for this season (I was over in October for Stoke, Napoli and Burnley matches). Last week I bought a ticket for Swansea on April 21 before checking the FA Cup schedule. If we are in the semifinal on April 21, when do you think the Swansea match would be moved to? Looks like it could depend on whether we are still alive in the Champions League. Thanks in advance!

Seeing the tough schedule and dirty opponents taking their toll on our players, should we down-prioritise the FA Cup totally, considering we still have a good chance at a domestic double and maybe even a better shout than ever at the CL title? Wouldn’t mind seeing a total 2nd string formation against Burnley personally.
No dirty opponents are taking any toll on our players.

Mendy stupidly went in for a challenge he didn't need to and came off worst, played on and is out for most of the season.
Stones did a hamstring - a hugely common injury to any sportsmen who run fast and need to slow down quickly.
Kompany is injury prone.
Silva has had family problems.
de Bruyne took a kick but is absolutely fine, it's a contact sport and these lads are stronger than their little frames would suggest and can take a lot (despite it being a cowards tackle from Puncheon).
Jesus slipped and did the splits and did his knee ligaments.
I think it might come out that Walker did his groin last night right with the last kick of the game because he mis-read the bounce of the ball because he was looking at their man instead of the ball and took an air swing.

How many of these injuries are because of players of other teams or the fixture list taking their toll on our players?

It's just an excuse from managers so they can get more time to prepare for games instead of the quick turnaround and lack of preparation to study the opposition.

I'm sick of hearing these managers come out every year moaning about the Christmas fixtures. Players will start to believe it too the way some of these managers go on about it. Jamie Redknapp said it right the other day, he said players loved playing around Christmas when he played and it was never on the conscience of anybody that it was a problem. When you start being told it's a problem - even when it isn't in reality - you will start to believe it is.

Now don't get me wrong, i think with the price of football over the last decade, there are too many games for us fans to keep up with affording to be able to go to. But these players can handle two games a week, every week, for nine months. It can be done. The way the body can recover with nutrition, massage, cryotherapy, oxygen therapy, hydrotherapy, their cardio fitness and muscular endurance capabilities and the training they do, they can handle two games a week on the whole. There are players i've noticed over the years like Joe Cole, Yaya and Ozil (and probably many more) who don't seem to be at the fitness level of other top professionals in the top leagues. But on the whole the majority can handle it, easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve contradicted yourself in the first sentence.

The Celtic disorder was unprecedented and City launched a full investigation. I’d rather not go than sit in the wrong end. It’s disrespectful.

No problem mate I will take that on board, prob worded it wrong too much rum and coke at the time lol.
Yes true I'm in Liverpool end for that game will be respectful don't worry.
Let's hope for a good week beating burnley, Bristol city and Liverpool.
The champions league can wait.

Prioritize the League and FA Cup over the CL which is just a money making scheme dreamed up by greedy administrators.
I think a lot of blues feel that way, but the club possibly otherwise. Hopefully if the league is done by March this won't matter.

I have an FA Cup schedule related question. I decided one trip from the US was not enough for this season (I was over in October for Stoke, Napoli and Burnley matches). Last week I bought a ticket for Swansea on April 21 before checking the FA Cup schedule. If we are in the semifinal on April 21, when do you think the Swansea match would be moved to? Looks like it could depend on whether we are still alive in the Champions League. Thanks in advance!
Fucking hell fella, you're dedicated.........and minted.

Can you imagine Christmas without the football? It'd be fucking unbearable.

We don't need a winter break or to lose Christmas games but we do need to play a few less games a season, the League Cup is a totally outdated comp and should be scrapped, would improve things dramatically. Obviously whilst it exists, I want to win it like everything else, but who'd really miss it if it ceased?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.