Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Jong left immediately after we won the title in 2012. He wasn’t here for Mancini’s last dreadful season.

We went from De Jong, to Javi Garcia, to Fernando. We downgraded.

We went from Tevez, to Jovetic, to Bony. We downgraded.

We went from Joloen Lescott, to Nastasic, to Mangala... downgraded.

You get the jist of it. This Sanchez signing is a statement of intent and I hear everyone going on about the player doesn't have a sell on value, what does that even mean?

De Bruyne has sell on value, would you want us to sell him and get triple what we paid for him? Not a chance. You only sell players you want to sell, not your best players that win you things.

You see, this is where I am at odds with seemingly so many of my fellow blues.

We have won nothing yet and I still don't consider us home and hosed in the Premier League, much as the national consensus seems to think so.

The margins have been far tighter in the last couple months and could have gone the other way in the blink of an eye.

Sanchez gives us maximum insurance against further injury, a lack of cutting edge, further impacting the psyche of our rivals, both domestically and abroad.

I don't want the Moral Stance Cup, I want the real stuff and Sanchez coming this month could guarantee the difference.

Put it this way, Sanchez in United's team would certainly get them closer to us before the season ends.
Absolutely spot on and couldn't agree more.

You get the jist of it. This Sanchez signing is a statement of intent and I hear everyone going on about the player doesn't have a sell on value, what does that even mean?

De Bruyne has sell on value, would you want us to sell him and get triple what we paid for him? Not a chance. You only sell players you want to sell, not your best players that win you things.
Correct

This myth that somehow not bending over and dropping our pants for Arsenal right now means we are somehow getting “complacent” is really starting to irritate me.

Really glad you lot aren’t running our club. And why can you not get it through your heads that he is out of contract at year end and could come on a free? That’s one of the only incontrovertible facts we have at our disposal. If you can’t understand that this might impact what we choose to pay now to rent him for an extra six months, you are beyond help.

I didn't say we had to bend over for Arsenal and pay what they want, but if it comes down to the ultimatum that Sanchez is definitely going in Jan and his only option is Utd who are offering what the club and the player demands, then yes I would pay the demands and bite the bullet.

I don't want them bastards over the road getting anyone as good as Sanchez. I want him here at City so we can guarantee another couple of premier league titles in the bag.

This is totally beside the point and off topic but I liked Fernando.

Another good thought provoking post!

Just don't buy any of this Sanchez to the Rags malarkey.
Can Arsenal really risk the following hypothetical scenario?
" On the final day Sanchez scores a last minute goal for the Rags the consequence of which is Arsenal finishing 5th behind the scum in 4th due to this very goal"
Arsenal FanTV would have unprecedented meltdown.

Stay calm and carry on Blues.

Agree with the rest but Lescott, Nastasic & Mangala aren't that different ability wise. Lescott was the best of the three but the amount of goals we gave away from throw ins because he couldn't pass and just smashed it into the stands was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.