Singing section/Atmosphere

Because they have 50-100 singers, and the whole Stand sings along with them, that then get's the rest of the ground singing.

1894 have 50+ Singers tomorrow night at the front of 115, so let's see if the lower tier of the South Stand joins in, and if that get's the rest of the stadium going.

Because 1894 who I'm a member of will try our best to get to get the atmosphere going, but we can't do it on our own. It's got to be a stadium effort.

They also have a drummer that our fans won't accept.
I sit in family stand with my mate and his son
I’m 57 and sing every match. There are a couple of us that try to get things going I lower tier 140 but it’s like pulling fkin teeth out. For me people just don’t have the passion or inclination to sing. I was never in favour of an orchestrated contrived atmosphere but if it’s what it takes for me to stop sitting in a bastard morgue like the Chelsea match then bring on the drummer or a bloke stood facing everyone telling us what to do. I’ll oblige.

I’m 57 and sing every match. There are a couple of us that try to get things going I lower tier 140 but it’s like pulling fkin teeth out. For me people just don’t have the passion or inclination to sing. I was never in favour of an orchestrated contrived atmosphere but if it’s what it takes for me to stop sitting in a bastard morgue like the Chelsea match then bring on the drummer or a bloke stood facing everyone telling us what to do. I’ll oblige.

1894 had a drum at Wembley. Don't know if it could be heard?

Just to let you all know.

1894 are doing a big display tonight. You'll have to wait and see.

Please help us to create a better atmosphere tonight. As already posted. We've got a group of 50+ at the bottom of 115 near the Basel fans. Anyone in the SS lower(and around the ground) reading this, please join in with us.

Also. Any constructive and honest feedback after the game, good or bad, would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Chelsea game.

IMG-20180305-_WA0000.jpg

there are some great fans all round the stadium trying to belt out songs and support loud & proud. But we are diluted with those that wont sing.

A lot of fans have changed the way they support their team, some even look as though they feel out of place singing.

there are some great fans all round the stadium trying to belt out songs and support loud & proud. But we are diluted with those that wont sing.

A lot of fans have changed the way they support their team, some even look as though they feel out of place singing.
Baffling isnt it??
For some its like going to the fucking theatre, pisses me off big time.

Fair play to you mate as it can't be easy stepping up in one of the quieter blocks as no doubt you'll be getting funny looks off people. I know @Eccles Blue puts a proper shift in where she is too and to be fair, it's harder for you guys/gals in the quieter areas to sing up compared to where we are in the South Stand.

Sat in the family stand tonight (atmosphere was appalling) but was mesmerised watching the orchestrator from Basel at the front conduct the opposing songs. He didn’t stop all game

I’m really surprised no English teams have copied this

Thought their ‘your shit and you know you are’ song was amusing

Sat in the family stand tonight (atmosphere was appalling) but was mesmerised watching the orchestrator from Basel at the front conduct the opposing songs. He didn’t stop all game

They showed tonight how a small group of fans who all want to sing can create alot of noise. The vast majority of sound came from that bottom tier so we can't keep blaming the stadium. Liked their chants that went on for ages, ours die off after a couple of renditions.

Ha! The laugh's on them! They should have sung "You're shit and you know you are."

Bet they feel daft now.

The difference between the continental fan and the British one is vast. We predominantly go to watch the football, any singing or chanting comes secondary and as part of the game. They seem to put the singing and chanting above all else, it is their primary aim. It is a cultural thing and only Palace fans as far as I am aware do anything similar.

Fair play to the Basle fans for keeping it up , but to me its monotonous and just seems like making a noise for the sake of it , rather than atmosphere .
To me a good atmosphere reflects whats happening on the pitch ... ooh eeh ooh eeh ooh...ooh eeh ooh eeh aah ... for an hour does nothing to gee the players up , because in the end it just becomes background noise , like crickets or a fly in your ear ...
A drum probably would be a good thing though , because with a decent drummer it rallies the troops and gives the crowd a momentum...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.