Singing section/Atmosphere

Lots of people including myself moan about the atmosphere. The reality is though ,is that it's getting worse every season now. The south stand May aswell not even be there. The so called kippax corner, where most people used to sing - they've all just disappeared. Most of the rest of the ground don't even look like they want to be there.

We need to rethink our entire ground seating plan and create a proper home end. We also need fans to actually start singing again. All Basel had last night was a few hundred at the front starting chants.... If 115 and 116 sang we'd ousting them. It's not just last night though, we are being outsu g by a few hundred fans most games now. It's a myth that having away fans create atmosphere in our end,

Even the roar when we attack or get a corner isn't there anymore. Moan over :)

Spot on. I was lucky enough to be in the tunnel club and sat right behind pep last night (next to mendy )

The singing section could not be heard , the Basel fans were absolutely fantastic. The acoustic bollox , whole end argument does not hold any water. The away end of the third tier only had a 100 or so fans in it. The absolulutely fantastic noise was generated by the two lower stands. The songs they sang were continuous , built up and coordinated. They were brilliant. The odd times we tried to sing it could hardly be heard and the songs were the old usual couple of chants and over. I witnessed this from peps perspective.

Against Chelsea the atmosphere was flat and people blamed the fact that Chelsea fans didn’t sing and therefore the city fans didn’t respond, well last night the away fans properly sang and again it was flat.

The sad truth is the singing , new good songs have started to fade out . I also take your point about the kippax side of the away fans, when we first moved to the ground that was a very atmospheric section now it’s quiet.

Those who are trying to sing and generate the noise I absolutely respect what you are doing but the sad truth is before people want to totally rearrange the ground again - is we don’t have many good songs anymore and they just isn’t enough people who go to tho home games and sing.

We have become spoilt.

Sadly didn’t hear a peep all night. Completely drowned out by the Basel fans

The singing section could not be heard , the Basel fans were absolutely fantastic. The acoustic bollox , whole end argument does not hold any water. The away end of the third tier only had a 100 or so fans in it. The absolulutely fantastic noise was generated by the two lower stands. The songs they sang were continuous , built up and coordinated. They were brilliant. The odd times we tried to sing it could hardly be heard and the songs were the old usual couple of chants and over. I witnessed this from peps perspective.

This all night - the Basel fans were excellent; they all knew their songs and they sang their hearts out. The quality if their singing was streets ahead of hours, it was almost like they had been having rehearsals.

Also, the style of song was different to the tradition Uk chants; these were deeper songs. We may get close with "Bluemoon", but very little else.

I see the singing section was re-located last night! Back in the days of the Kippax the noise started in one corner, at the top above the tunnel next to the away fans and traveled across the stand. Nowadays it starts at the end of one row and and travels about three seats down and stops! Fair play to Basel fans for travelling in such numbers for a dead rubber and creating their own atmosphere.

I admire what the 1894 lads are trying to do but put quite simply a group of 30/40 on the front rows of the first tier getting songs going isnt going to work agaisnt a choreographed group of away fans, especially when the rest of the South Stand cant hear / cant be arsed joining in with the songs.

Personal opinion, possibly for the next champions league game, the 1894 group should ask the club for a group of seats in the 3rd tier of the South Stand (still next to the away fans so they can stand), sound travels miles better up there and when songs get going properly the full tier tends to join in, if 30 or 40 lads were there to start them and get the atmosphere going I think the rest of the ground would follow

We have, but we can't get that amount of fans any higher up 115. Many seats have been taken in the cup scheme.

1 of the other lads in 1894 stood in the middle of 115 and he told me he couldn't hear us at the front. So if he couldn't hear us, there's no chance of the ground hearing us.

I know this isn't going to happen. But until there are sufficient numbers into the 100's, can we get that many(?), in 1 block, nothing will change. And even then I just think because of the age of our fan base, and the English/PL apathy to singing and creating an atmosphere, nothing will change at City.

The club has also actively sought a new fan base, which is now made up of tourists, day trippers and corporates. That was a large percentage of the crowd last night. They don't know the chants. The corporate and seating configurations are proof of that. But TBF, if regular City fans don't go to CL games, then you can't blame the club for filling the stadium that way. No doubt come the qf and sf the regulars will claim their tickets. But bar the derby and the odd big match, the atmosphere will stay the same.

This shows how paranoid we are as a fan base. Or was it just us? We had a drum last night, but we only used it for the Guardiola chant. We didn't want to piss you lot off with a drum, as we know there is some opposition to it. We never had plans to bang it non-stop, just to trial it.

Sadly I don't see anything changing soon as regards the poor atmosphere at City.

The singing section in 115 hasn't worked.
The Kippax corner which used to be decent has died a death.
The SS expansion with the low roof hasn't improved the atmosphere, bar for away fans. The irony.
Other parts of the ground that used to join in, singing and doing the Poznan, have gone quieter.

Perhaps I'm on my own, but I honestly think we've gone backwards as regards supporting the team and creating an atmosphere at City.

Hopefully we'll be up for it against United?

Last edited:
I must say the singing done by the Basel fans become monotonous after a few minutes.

How can anyone says that orchestrated 'singing' is anything but tedious

When Jesus scored they carried on as if nothing happened.

I hope we never see that sort of thing here

We have, but we can't get that amount of fans any higher up 115. Many seats have been taken in the cup scheme.

1 of the other lads in 1894 stood in the middle of 115 and he told me he couldn't hear us at the front. So if he couldn't hear us, there's no chance of the ground hearing us.

I know this isn't going to happen. But until there are sufficient numbers into the 100's, can we get that many(?), in 1 block, nothing will change. And even then I just think because of the age of our fan base, and the English/PL apathy to singing and creating an atmosphere, nothing will change at City.

The club has also actively sought a new fan base, which is now made up of tourists, day trippers and corporates. That was a large percentage of the crowd last night. They do 't know the chants. The corporate and seating configurations are proof of that. But TBF, if regular City fans don't go to CL games, then you can't blame the club for filling the stadium that way. No doubt come the qf and sf the regulars will claim their tickets. But bar the derby and the odd big match, the atmosphere will stay the same.

This shows how paranoid we are as a fan base. Or was it just us? We had a drum last night, but we only used it for the Guardiola chant. We didn't want to piss you lot off with a drum, as we know there is some opposition to it. We never had plans to bang it non-stop, just to trial it.

Sadly I don't see anything changing soon as regards the poor atmosphere at City.

The singing section in 115 hasn't worked.
The Kippax corner which used to be decent has died a death.
The SS expansion with the low roof hasn't improved the atmosphere, bar for away fans. The irony.
Other parts of the ground that used to join in, singing and doing the Poznan, have gone quieter.

Perhaps I'm on my own, but I honestly think we've gone backwards as regards supporting the team and creating an atmosphere at City.

Hopefully we'll be up for it against United?
I could hear the South stand from the half-way line, but last night we were 4-0 up. There never was going to be an atmosphere

The positive was that there were 50k there last night. Great crowd in the circumstances. A pity that many of those fans who probably don't turn up most games, got to experience such a miserable game

Atmosphere will always be shit when half our season ticket holders cant be arsed to turn up for these games and are happy to give up their seats to tourists. Hardly any league regulars around me.. that said I’m in the family stand level 2 so most of these absentees were’nt missed noise wise!

Yeah very few regular season tickets around me at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.