Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

why 21 -25 year olds ?. Ive just turned 24, most of the people i know have either just finished uni, in lower paid jobs, unemployed or just starting to get jobs. you might have been able to, but most young people do not have 700 quid spare for football and lots have got used to not going now and would rather spend money on something else. the big difference is when the ticket category changes and it goes from student prices to adult prices. can you not see it at the ground ? or even other prem grounds?. barely any 21-25 year olds are going to football matches. there are a lot of reasons behind that, but the main one for me is price and getting into the habit of not going.

if they had an 18 - 25 year old season ticket category like other clubs do ( everton). i think that would make a big difference.
I don't mind cheap tickets for a few groups but my daughter will be 21 next year she will be living with me and earning £25000. I don't think I should be subsidising her football if she wants to go.
Some people are paid a lot less I know, including me, but we can't subsidise tickets based on income for just one age group. There are plenty of tickets priced less than £700 as well so it's a matter of choice.

I don't mind cheap tickets for a few groups but my daughter will be 21 next year she will be living with me and earning £25000. I don't think I should be subsidising her football if she wants to go.
Some people are paid a lot less I know, including me, but we can't subsidise tickets based on income for just one age group. There are plenty of tickets priced less than £700 as well so it's a matter of choice.

right, but thats you and your daughters case. most 21 year olds arent earning 25k a year. you actually can subsidize tickets based on income/ age. everton are doing it, nottingham forest, huddersfield are doing it aswell. you wouldnt be paying for it either and neither would the club - i.e. if the make 18-25 year age range, as its been shown with new sponsorship the club wont lose any money at all lowering prices. that age 18-25 category are missing in football and anything to get more of them into the ground can only be positive.
the vast majority of tickets in the ground are 650 upwards.

They have £299 and £390 season cards.
How cheap must they go to for 18/25 year olds.

they have a tiny amount of those season tickets and unless you signed up to a waiting list its near impossible to get those tickets. id say just make it 390/400 or cheaper then now for all 18 -25 year olds in the ground. dont see a problem with that and think it would encorouge young people to go. would you not welcome that ? the club could easily do it.

why 21 -25 year olds ?. Ive just turned 24, most of the people i know have either just finished uni, in lower paid jobs, unemployed or just starting to get jobs. you might have been able to, but most young people do not have 700 quid spare for football and lots have got used to not going now and would rather spend money on something else. the big difference is when the ticket category changes and it goes from student prices to adult prices. can you not see it at the ground ? or even other prem grounds?. barely any 21-25 year olds are going to football matches. there are a lot of reasons behind that, but the main one for me is price and getting into the habit of not going.

if they had an 18 - 25 year old season ticket category like other clubs do ( everton). i think that would make a big difference.

I think part of the problem is people who are 18-29 are the least beneficial fans for the club to attract. If you're under 18 then they're trying to convert you into a lifelong fan/customer. If you're 30+ then they're probably trying to get you to bring your kids which means you'll spend money and you're creating a new fan/customer for life. If you're 50+ then statistically you've got the most money.

At 18-29 you're already committed to the club for life, but you've got no money.

They have £299 and £390 season cards.
How cheap must they go to for 18/25 year olds.

I agree with @Cheadle_hulmeBlue they need to re-target that 18-25/30 age bracket again as the Adult prices do not match the disposable income we have at this age. At 16 i had a £95 ST in 126 and at 21 this was £700...this says a lot. My mates have lost interest as the prices have rose and many are in low paid jobs and all there money goes in traveling, rent, kids/wedding etc so they chose to just watch on tv (usually illegally haha)

I hold 2 Season tickets but heavily rely on selling some to the club for credits or friends at FV to manage this. Plus i have to include travel from Belfast which can make a trip over to Manchester cost like a small holiday. Im 26 but it takes a few sacrifices to manage the tickets at current prices.

How many £299 gold value STs is there like 1k (2%) of the ground so these are few and far between and i dont really fancy the back of the south stand level 3 and a dose of Vertigo. On one hand i considering binning the tickets and having the money and supporting local football but i enjoy owning the tickets and especially now we are successful after years of shite.

I know through some mates at Manchester uni where they offer £5 deals on some tickets or the odd freebie but this is again only to local students. I really hope standing or a large singing section comes in with the future expansion with cheap tickets to attract my age group.

We... differentiate seats within blocks, depending on the row.

When you consider the number of rows in the SS3, it would not be fair for the view from Row A (roughly equivalent to the 'Premium' view of level2) to cost the same as the view from row RR or however far it goes back.
If they have the pricing right for the three sections in, for example, 316 is debatable though. almost £600 in the front, £380ish in the middle and £299 at the back. Thats about half the price between the front of the back, and the back of the front, if that makes sense.
When I was in 328 I moved one or two rows back to save >£50. Then in the second year of SS3 I moved to 316, in the middle block, saved about £200. Not sure I'd still be a ST holder if I hadn't moved.

Supporters are asking for a reduce price for those between the ages of 18-25. What about reducing the prices for the over 60's like myself who are out of work due to increasing ill health. I am struggling to pay the £800+ cost of my season ticket and I don't wont to give it up. I very rarely drink and I don't smoke, so the only enjoyment I have is going to the football with my sister. If these increases continue I will have no choice but to do that and that will make me even more house bound then I am now.

This debate about reducing ticket prices to encourage younger fans has a flaw: there are no seats to price. They sold out last season, in the Summer, and they'll sell out again

Supporters are asking for a reduce price for those between the ages of 18-25. What about reducing the prices for the over 60's like myself who are out of work due to increasing ill health. I am struggling to pay the £800+ cost of my season ticket and I don't wont to give it up. I very rarely drink and I don't smoke, so the only enjoyment I have is going to the football with my sister. If these increases continue I will have no choice but to do that and that will make me even more house bound then I am now.

Will your price not drop quite substantially at 65?

I agree with @Cheadle_hulmeBlue they need to re-target that 18-25/30 age bracket again as the Adult prices do not match the disposable income we have at this age. At 16 i had a £95 ST in 126 and at 21 this was £700...this says a lot. My mates have lost interest as the prices have rose and many are in low paid jobs and all there money goes in traveling, rent, kids/wedding etc so they chose to just watch on tv (usually illegally haha)

exactly mate. myself and most of my mates are in the exact same situation. i.e. low paid jobs and the money that they do earn goes on rent or trying to save up for a place. i play football every week and there is 15 of us and only two of us go to watch football live regularly. most people of that age are not earning 25k as said above and can't afford the huge increase in prices when turning 21. match day tickets are the worst element of this.

its not just a problem at city, but through football now. most people in the ground are middle aged men. I'm not saying younger people should be let in for free, but something has to be done to readdress the balance, as its getting worse and is very relevant to the season ticket discussion. i think Liverpool even have a scheme now that encourages younger fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.