Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I'm only saying that the club could drop prices 10% and see a minimal impact on revenue. not claiming that this would fill empty seats. Every club has this empty seats problem to some degree, even the rags and Liverpool. If anything, the cheaper the ticket, the less inclined people will be to go to midweek games against clubs like Stoke or West Brom.

What I would like is for the club to take a holistic (to use that once-popular word) view of ticketing to include pricing, distribution, hospitality (which I've long said they've over-estimated demand for) and even the approach to season ticketing which would involve paying a smaller price to "reserve" a seat but only paying for it if you intend to use it.
I've always disagreed with this; the dearer the ticket the less free cash each person has each month so travel costs could be what is keeping people away.

Here's something the club should do: as part of your SeasonCard you get free travel to games on MetroLink and GM Buses...

I don't mind cheap tickets for a few groups but my daughter will be 21 next year she will be living with me and earning £25000. I don't think I should be subsidising her football if she wants to go.
Some people are paid a lot less I know, including me, but we can't subsidise tickets based on income for just one age group. There are plenty of tickets priced less than £700 as well so it's a matter of choice.

Average income across all age groups is 27k. Average income for 21-25 much, much less.

You said Toure deserves every penny he gets. Now considering he been very peripheral and that's all he was ever going to be this season, there was absolutely no reason to renew his contract, even at the reduced figure, and every City supporter knew that
So when would you draw the line?

£4M (Toure's salary) divided by 38,000 (regular season tickets) =£105 each
So, are you really saying that even though Pep wanted to keep Yaya for another season we should have got rid so we could all save £105 a season?

I think the cap on away tickets at £30 is fair, and see no reason why £30 shouldn't be the price of a ticket for every game. Therefore season tickets at £570 would be about right.

exactly mate. myself and most of my mates are in the exact same situation. i.e. low paid jobs and the money that they do earn goes on rent or trying to save up for a place. i play football every week and there is 15 of us and only two of us go to watch football live regularly. most people of that age are not earning 25k as said above and can't afford the huge increase in prices when turning 21. match day tickets are the worst element of this.

its not just a problem at city, but through football now. most people in the ground are middle aged men. I'm not saying younger people should be let in for free, but something has to be done to readdress the balance, as its getting worse and is very relevant to the season ticket discussion. i think Liverpool even have a scheme now that encourages younger fans.

Yep agreed, city and a lot of Premier league clubs are losing touch on that and i know they put out the "price of football" each year but im sure there is some data of 21-25 fans dropping in attendance. As much as i love city are we are doing well i would hate the thought of spending £50 on a saturday for ticket, food, traffic and us to get stuffed...im totally behind the west ham fans and their anger.

So, are you really saying that even though Pep wanted to keep Yaya for another season we should have got rid so we could all save £105 a season?

I'm using Yaya as an example of how money is hugely wasted in certain areas of the business but the club tries to screw every last drop out of the supporters
All that ill feeling last season with regard to the increases!!

It's the wrong thread but my personal opinion of Yaya is that he is a club legend, but he shouldn't have been with us three years ago
There is a time to "let go" and Yaya's time was following our last title win
Cake gate and everything that followed has tarnished his City career

Average income across all age groups is 27k. Average income for 21-25 much, much less.
Its not about income it's disposable income and a single 21-25 year old probably has more tha a 30 year old with children and mortgage. I dont see why a free and single 22 year old needs cheaper tickets than a say a 29 year old with a lot more outgoings. But whether the 22 year old or the 29 year old has more spare cash isnt the clubs problem to differentiate which needs the cheaper ticket.

I think the cap on away tickets at £30 is fair, and see no reason why £30 shouldn't be the price of a ticket for every game. Therefore season tickets at £570 would be about right.
Well a large proprtion of our s/c prices are less than £570. Don't know the what proportion seem to remember @Pablo ZZZ Peroni is good for that sort of stuff.

Seems like 21-25 age groups want the top price seats for next to nothing.
I pay 10 payments of £39 for my seat.
If you are an adult and cannot afford that find another pastime.
Not even a tenner a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.