City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trains and trams can't mix by law in the UK and the overheads wires arent the same
They can but it needs special regulations and the trains can't run on 25KV AC overhead wires. It has to be 750V DC (on the Manchester Metro).
A section of the Tyneside Metro Newcastle-South Shields/Sunderland (1500V DC overhead line) is shared with National Rail (Diesel) operation.

Last edited:
There should be a limited percentage of the away allocation balloted to season ticket holders who apply for the match with the rest going to points. This could be as little as 200 tickets per game going to a ballot. I’m 16 and I’ve had a season ticket since I was 8 — I’ve got 2,700 points. My dad has around 5,000. The only away I’ve been was Utd 2013 cos I was the mascot. Most always sell out at above 10,000 points... mathematically that’s another 21 years to 10,000.

There should be a limited percentage of the away allocation balloted to season ticket holders who apply for the match with the rest going to points. This could be as little as 200 tickets per game going to a ballot. I’m 16 and I’ve had a season ticket since I was 8 — I’ve got 2,700 points. My dad has around 5,000. The only away I’ve been was Utd 2013 cos I was the mascot. Most always sell out at above 10,000 points... mathematically that’s another 21 years to 10,000.
If you've had a season ticket for eight years you would have a minimum of 8x380 points (3040) plus you should have had 1000 for joining and then there would be Cup games too.

They can but it needs special regulations and the trains can't run on 25KV AC overhead wires. It has to be 750V DC (on the Manchester Metro).
A section of the Tyneside Metro Newcastle-South Shields/Sunderland (1500V overhead line) is shared with National Rail (Diesel) operation.
Sheffield has the tram/train project but they are having serious issues making it work and it’s 5 times over budget so no one else is likely to take the risk.

Not sure about your points total, my lad is the same age and has around 10000, in all cup schemes you can get a lot more every year, although it's all relative and people on top points go to a lot, if not most, of the aways so you'll never catch up. I have boys aged 14 & 16 and we can normally get tickets for the cup aways via our points, a small percentage of away league tickets to ballot is one idea, although there isn't a system that will please all fans as this will mean people who have earnt the right will also miss out.

Would be nice if safe standing could be introduced in the next few years, the majority of fans stand at away games, so if 20-30% of away capacity was kept seated and the rest standing the number of tickets could be increased significantly and keep most people happy.

I don't agree with any kind of ballot system - my son is also 16 - he has 17300 hard earned points. god knows why you have only got 2,700 and so do I. Miles on the road.

I don't agree with any kind of ballot system - my son is also 16 - he has 17300 hard earned points. god knows why you have only got 2,700 and so do I. Miles on the road.

My gold season card is 190 a year x 8 is 1520. Extra 1000 for joining and 10 for each cup game. Im not on the cup scheme and I can’t pay an extra £50 to double my points.
People who’ve been going home and away for 10+years deserve all the priority they get but in the last 5 years it’s got to the point where it’s virtually impossible for someone like me to get to any aways - maybe some league cup games
Would 100-200 tickets out of 3000 in a ballot be a bad idea?
This would help introduce some new young travelling support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.