City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, please sort this thread. It's turned into season ticket/points when it should be about expansion of stadium.

Do you think that all of the 30,000+ season tickets holders are attending less than 66% of the games currently? I certainly don't.

Most may miss the occasional game for the reasons you've discussed, but its unlikely that most will miss 7 out of 19 games for those reasons. As I said in an earlier post, the majority of those will be known well in advance of the game so there is no reason why you couldn't pass on your ticket or list it on the ticket exchange. I'm not saying you have to attend it yourself, just dont leave your seat empty ffs.

If the threat of losing your season ticket was introduced, I can guarantee it would be a few hundred at most, and I think the administrative burden would be worthwhile. The majority of those will have a justified explanation.
I agree and those who say they have it wrong in Germany are in fact the ones who are wrong as the proof is in the pudding... facts, it really is done better over there. Watching Cheesemans Vlog recently it's clear they have it better in a lot of ways because they behave better, support better and don't throw their toys out of the pram selfishly thinking only of unlikely theoretical situations they might be on the wrong end.

Perhaps the difference is these changes were accepted because they see the bigger picture and what's best for the club rather than themselves. However maybe we should accept that culturally we aren't like Germans in a lot of ways, there would be toys thrown out of prams if they attempted it and they'd probably never get off the ground with it. Just as there would be trouble if beer was allowed in the stands because some people can't behave... we'd end up thinking that old meme "and this is why we can't have nice things". In short we should probably accept the no shows that the press ridicule the club for(even though all clubs have those yes but that's not the point, it really could be better is the point) and accept that if they did lift the ban on alcohol in ground the few idiots at every club would make them regret that decision sooner or later in full view of the cameras.

Last edited:
Mods, please sort this thread. It's turned into season ticket/points when it should be about expansion of stadium.
You are 100% correct, but this brilliant site always encourages healthy debate between all Blues and also fans of other clubs.

We all owe Ric a debt of thanks for setting up this site which I consider to be the best fans forum there is.

Long may it continue.

I agree and those who say they have it wrong in Germany are in fact the ones who are wrong as the proof is in the pudding... facts, it really is done better over there. Watching Cheesemans Vlog recently it's clear they have it better in a lot of ways because they behave better, support better and don't throw their toys out of the pram selfishly thinking only of unlikely theoretical situations they might be on the wrong end... Perhaps the difference is these changes were accepted because they see the bigger picture and what's best for the club rather than themselves.

German football is about the fans that go to games and ensuring their supporters have the best opportunities to watch their side play at affordable prices.

City are purely about making more matchday revenue but attendances and atmosphere is our biggest issue. They should build a new north stand that has a proper home section with cheap tickets to build atmosphere. This in turn will get more people attending. We all know due to prices and timings cup games will be largely flat until the latter rounds. A stand full of city fans behind the goal would instantly make more want to turn up rather than think ... it will be quiet and there will be lots of empty seats so i wont bother.

The family stand needs to be elsewhere and the club need to get atmosphere to make corporate sales easier and they can recoup more money by charging lots for corporate and have reduced prices for the non-corporate fan.

If the north stand became our main section for vocal supporters the atmosphere would be insane. People will still sing in the south stand next to the away fans either side but would follow the lead from the north stand. A family stand area in one of the CB or East stand could join in too and would have a great experience. Kids coming now will barely hear much being the opposite end of the ground. The football is great but as a kid I loved the atmosphere of Maine road and the footba I didnt really even get as a young lad!

German football is about the fans that go to games and ensuring their supporters have the best opportunities to watch their side play at affordable prices.

City are purely about making more matchday revenue but attendances and atmosphere is our biggest issue. They should build a new north stand that has a proper home section with cheap tickets to build atmosphere. This in turn will get more people attending. We all know due to prices and timings cup games will be largely flat until the latter rounds. A stand full of city fans behind the goal would instantly make more want to turn up rather than think ... it will be quiet and there will be lots of empty seats so i wont bother.

The family stand needs to be elsewhere and the club need to get atmosphere to make corporate sales easier and they can recoup more money by charging lots for corporate and have reduced prices for the non-corporate fan.

If the north stand became our main section for vocal supporters the atmosphere would be insane. People will still sing in the south stand next to the away fans either side but would follow the lead from the north stand. A family stand area in one of the CB or East stand could join in too and would have a great experience. Kids coming now will barely hear much being the opposite end of the ground. The football is great but as a kid I loved the atmosphere of Maine road and the footba I didnt really even get as a young lad!
Incorrect. As other people have already rightly pointed out lowering prices would most likely make the problem worse as the no-shows are doing so because they can afford to, yes life gets in the way sometimes but at some point these people who do it season after season would give up their ticket if it was deemed too expensive for what they get out of it. While the working class and young adults are being priced out because prices are too expensive that's only half of the problem as shown by the way the Germans do it. Think about it they have been there and done it they have the low prices and full stadiums and they feel those measures are necessary to keep it that way. Lowering prices would HAVE to come in tandem with imposed sanctions for no-shows(within reason) for that reason in my view.

Last edited:
So the fans who have been going to away games for years miss out? Seems extremely unfair to me.

How would you like it if all home match tickets went to a ballot regardless of how long you had been going? you would be a bit sick if you missed out on the big high demand games.

The loyalty points system is the fairest way of allocating tickets, admittedly it does appear that some abuse it and the club should stamp this out and remove points from the culprits.

It would not be unfair at all to have a ballot. Current loyalty points don't necessarily reflect loyalty. I've has a season ticket for 42 straight seasons and went to loads of away games - many in godforsaken places like Carlisle, Grimbsy and Southend - but little of my pre-loyalty points loyalty is reflected in my points total; nor is the fact that I have had to sit with the home supporters at several away games this season or paid sixty fucking quid for a seat at West Ham next week.

I've also lived away from MCR area for the last 27 years so home games involve a 360 mile round trip.

Loyalty points have become a virtual closed shop; it's a sick joke now and needs to change.

Difference being, there are only 3,000 tickets allocated for away games, whereas why would we need a ballot for home games when there are almost 20 times the seats available?

We don't even have that type of demand where your suggesting of a home ballot would ever happen.

Fact is those lads who have been going away for years are only able to do so because it's a closed shop, they are the only ones able to accumulate further loyalty points, regardless of the fact there are maybe five or six thousand other people who would like to go to away games but will forever be stuck on the type of points that can never hope to get close to the current criteria.

Here's a question in response, who goes to the away games in the years to come when they all die off, do City then suddenly have to drop the criteria down to 10k points?

It's an I'm alright Jack mentality, a cosy club, based on nothing more than how deep your pockets and disposable income are.

From the ages of 16 to 21, I never missed an single way game in any competition, I feel sorry for the younger lads who have no chance these days to enjoy a day out at Old Trafford, simply because someone had the accident of being born 20 years before them.

Yup.

It would not be unfair at all to have a ballot. Current loyalty points don't necessarily reflect loyalty. I've has a season ticket for 42 straight seasons and went to loads of away games - many in godforsaken places like Carlisle, Grimbsy and Southend - but little of my pre-loyalty points loyalty is reflected in my points total; nor is the fact that I have had to sit with the home supporters at several away games this season or paid sixty fucking quid for a seat at West Ham next week.

I've also lived away from MCR area for the last 27 years so home games involve a 360 mile round trip.

Loyalty points have become a virtual closed shop; it's a sick joke now and needs to change.

I can see an argument for resetting the loyalty points every 5 years and introducing a ballot scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.