Long distance fans

Whoaaa hahaha.
Have a sit down and take a breath Vienna. I didn' t read what properly? I don't what you're talking about mate. I didn't read your previous posts, my post was a reply to the op's original message, not yours, so get over yourself. And it seems you didn't read mine properly mate!

If you had have read mine properly, I said fair play to any fan from outside of Manchester that had a choice who to support and still stuck with City through the shit. I was not telling you how you feel, obviously. I was talking about overseas supporters for one thing and what I said is 'I believe' foreigners won't feel the love I feel. That was and is my opinion only.
I really have no idea at all how you read "I love City more than Vienna_70" And fuck knows why you're telling me when you started supporting them, I didn't ask or mention it.

Sorry, jay; I didn’t mean to have a go at you.

I was in a bit of a hurry this morning and didn’t read your post as carefully as I should have.

I was pissed off that some on here think that just because I wasn’t born within spitting distance of Maine Road I don’t have the same right to love City as much as they claim to. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.

Welsh born and became a Blue when agreeing to accompany a mate from college to Blackpool home in the third tier. We travelled up from Hereford. I had a vague interest in City as my favourite band were Oasis. My mum is a Manc but her family are reds.

I’ve lived in Manchester in two spells for perhaps a third of my life. Have I ever felt truly welcome and accepted in our support? No. I’ve experienced pure hate before from some jumped up Manc prick in designer clobber.

I’ve had few problems in recent years because, let’s face it, locals have been priced out by the ticket increases.

Sorry, jay; I didn’t mean to have a go at you.

I was in a bit of a hurry this morning and didn’t read your post as carefully as I should have.

I was pissed off that some on here think that just because I wasn’t born within spitting distance of Maine Road I don’t have the same right to love City as much as they claim to. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.
No problem Blue. I understand your frustration mate. I no longer go week-in, week-out but if someone questioned my loyalty and suggested I love City less than them because go more often, I'd be raging.

Welsh born and became a Blue when agreeing to accompany a mate from college to Blackpool home in the third tier. We travelled up from Hereford. I had a vague interest in City as my favourite band were Oasis. My mum is a Manc but her family are reds.

I’ve lived in Manchester in two spells for perhaps a third of my life. Have I ever felt truly welcome and accepted in our support? No. I’ve experienced pure hate before from some jumped up Manc prick in designer clobber.

I’ve had few problems in recent years because, let’s face it, locals have been priced out by the ticket increases.
I've experienced nothing like that at all, you must be just unlucky, maybe it was you in that Irish pub the ultras were trying to get at in Seville? haha!

Born in Jersey so didn’t have a local team as for some reason only Guernsey have a football team, dad big Juve supporter being Italian so I had a choice between Platini and Boniek or Asa and big Jo so it was no contest for me.

I think a lot of people forget that a lot of out of town blues took years of shit being thrown in their face and I still remember the abuse I got the first day I took my city bag with me to school ( must bring that up with my therapist) . Nowadays everyone assumes I started following in 2008 and even got tested by a rag the other day on pre 2008 City trivia - the irony!

Got taken to City with a few mates with the local supporters club.... we used to finish our paper rounds and head up to Maine Road on our mini bus.

It was far from glory hunting, obviously, but I loved it and so did my friends- the highlight was the 5-1 - still probably is, we never expected it did we but that is probably in another thread

Two divorces later and married again at 43 with an amazing wife and running my local side for a few years and giving that up - I’m now going as much as I can. I have 3 boys, 2 live with me and are dependent.

I have managed 11 games this season with 1 to come v Brighton, at a cost of 100-125 per match before food and beer - but I do stay over, and that’s my choice I spose and I try to stay economically but the last time the scousers really pissed me off in the hotel - again that’s a different thread

I don’t do fb or twatter- and that’s two pronged - firstly I don’t willy wave as it seems the norm on there.....and also I got fed up with reading dippers, rags and any other twunts opinion on the team I love and who I have invested so much in emotionally and financially

I would be gutted if I am not what is considered by fellow fans a City fan or not welcome at the stadium.....gutted

I could support my local team - in fact I do - it’s just not the same - I don’t feel the same highs and Lows
I’m indifferent really

We are just on a different journey to the same place.....

Last edited:
I was born 2 miles from Maine Road. I've supported the blues all my life. I genuinely do not believe I have a claim to being a "proper" city supporter any more than anyone else, whether you were born on Kippax Street or in Kuala Lumpur. If you're a blue then you're a blue, and I'll happily sit and chat about my team with you. Also, in my experience, I've found the supporters who aren't from the area by and large are more passionate, more obsessed. They have to be to make the effort they do and expense they go to just to come and see a game or two in a season. Most would rip their arm off for a chance to watch the blues on a regular basis, and its usually those closer to Manchester who imo are more apathetic about going to the ground and taking in a game on a cold Monday night. I personally welcome anybody who wants to support the same team as I do. It means we have something in common, and it breaks down barriers. A warm welcome from me to any blue on these pages who is a "long distance fan".
Thank you for your welcome, your attitude shines like a positive beacon in the murky negativity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.