First away game.

Blackburn about ‘83/84? we won 1-0 iirc steve kinsey scored the goal, we must have had 10,000 there kicked off allover place!! then again at blackburn train station with a train full of burnley fans coming back from bolton!!

Remember getting drenched there in August
Left home in glorious sunshine so didn't need coat
Open end at Oldham and the heavens opened
Yeah a game of 2 seasons.

Walked the 2 1/2 miles to the ground in baking heat, no cost wishing I'd put shorts on, heavens opened as teams came out and looked like I'd just got out of an ice cold shower.

Shrewsbury away around 1988, seem to remember we had been on a long winless away run and got a pen near the end. Mcnab (I think) missed it...typical city :)

Pre-season friendly at Gigg Lane, think it was in 1970 and we won 5-4. I think the first competitive away game was a 3-1 defeat at Leeds in 72-73.

I have now remembered it was Everton early 70s was in the main stand with dad top tear remember it being very steep had netti g at the bottom so you didn' fall off think it was 2-2

Can't remember if it was Doncaster away pre season - joey got sent off, or villa away when distin scored last minute to salvage a point

I went to that what a laugh snowball fights tommy booth wasn't it.
Never saw goal as Dads mate was trying to find somewhere to park, Royle got the goal I think. Got knocked out by Leeds in 5th round sure we were going to wembley that year and all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.