Matthijs de Ligt

The club's playing staff have just been valued as the most expensive in world football. We have bought well under Pep's tenure so I am unconcerned about the asking price here.

I've seen a lot of this kid, he was/Is better than Davinson Sanchez at spurs and he is looking very good considering his age. Last summer my 4 players I wanted at city were de ligt, Leon Bailey, Justin kluivert & sessigon. They are still who I think we should add with possibly Werner being groomed to takeover aguerro.

I thought he was better than Sanchez too. If nothing else a far superior footballer.

I must be thinking of a different Davinson Sanchez because the one I believe plays for Spurs makes Mangala look decent.

I would also chip in on the "He's miles better than Sanchez" debate. He was. It was very clear that Mourinho targeted Davinson Sanchez as the weak link in Ajax's defence in that final, which is saying something when his partner was 17 year old De Ligt.

So apparently Dr Ligt is changing his agent.Raiola could be his new agent.
We all know how this will end

The chances that he'll be one of the top CBs in future are very high. In 3 years when he is 21, and both Kompany and Otamendi are both gone we'd have two 25 year olds and one 21 year old, with all 3 likely in the top 25 CBs in the world.

Don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing.

De Ligt will also (just) qualify as club trained if we sign him this summer and the rules stay the same.

How many CB's do we need?
Pep said stones is not leaving, we just bought Laporte, Ota just sign a new contract . So kompany out??
We need a striker, winger and a DM. Not a CB

If our interest is genuine, and the rumors certainly seem to be picking up, one would have to think Vinny is the one making way. There's no way we could sell Stones after what Pep said, Laporte just joined, and Nico just signed a new deal. I don't really think we could carry five centerbacks, nor do I know why he would sign up to play that role.

If our interest is genuine, and the rumors certainly seem to be picking up, one would have to think Vinny is the one making way. There's no way we could sell Stones after what Pep said, Laporte just joined, and Nico just signed a new deal. I don't really think we could carry five centerbacks, nor do I know why he would sign up to play that role.
Pep has just said that "City are not going to drop him"

If De Ligt comes, I can see 3 possibilities:
- De Ligt goes on a 1-year loan to Ajax, Kompany fulfills his contract and leaves next summer
- Kompany is offered a limited role next season, perhaps without CL.
- Kompany hangs up his boots, his contract is paid off.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.