Tragic News as Scott Hutchinson, lead singer of Frightened Rabbit found dead.

Depressed people seem to be over-represented amongst musicians. It's weird and goes beyond the idea that depression doesn't discriminate. I wonder what the cause is because most people associate music with happiness.

Depressed people seem to be over-represented amongst musicians. It's weird and goes beyond the idea that depression doesn't discriminate. I wonder what the cause is because most people associate music with happiness.

It seems to be closely related to creativity

Sad news. Wasn’t into their music - I had scarcely heard of them until he went missing - but suicide seems rife amongst young men these days (as we’ve seen on here too, sadly). Nothing particularly pertinent to add, as I don’t know that much about the man or the band, but it seems a good opportunity to urge anyone suffering from depression or mental health issues to seek help. It’s ok not to be ok, as they say.

Sad news. Wasn’t into their music - I had scarcely heard of them until he went missing - but suicide seems rife amongst young men these days (as we’ve seen on here too, sadly). Nothing particularly pertinent to add, as I don’t know that much about the man or the band, but it seems a good opportunity to urge anyone suffering from depression or mental health issues to seek help. It’s ok not to be ok, as they say.

It is.

I think it’s something to do with just how men are these days, we seem reluctant to call upon help whatever the situation and obviously this affects those worse with more serious issues.

Nothing of the same level to the OP but I never call for help at work when I’m overwhelmed by workload or stressed, I just try to get on with it and don’t want to show weakness but that doesn’t always work and isn’t the right way to do things... and yet I know I’d never change.

Another example is I never want to go to the doctors either. I found a lump and it took me almost 3 months to get it checked out, thankfully it was nothing but thinking about it how stupid was I by putting it off!

Without actually ever being properly depressed myself I obviously can’t be sure but I’m guessing that’s why it’s more rife with young men, we just don’t want to share our struggles or problems with anyone.

Anyway RIP to this guy, no idea who they are as a band or ever heard a song but I wish his family all the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.