It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we want to buy another versatile attacker who can play in all theee positions up front to rotate with sane, sterling, jesus and aguero. IF Rashford would be an option one day he could be that player and we should be all over him. With him in this squad we can rotate for years to come.. just my opinion, sad it will never happen..
Rather not over rated for me. Martial would be a better buy as he would be cover for Sàne. Think Grizmann would be a great signing but is he nailed on for Barca.

No he didn't. Sane was used as RW only. You didn't watch him playing for Schalke, right? I did, almost every game of 15/16 season, and don't remember him playing on the left wing.

Though I agree on Mahrez, can't see him as LW, he doesn't have Sane's pace. RW moving inside or false 9 are more suitable positions for him.
I didn`t watch them, but I`ve heard people saying that he did play on the left, and in lots of his highlight videoes he played on the left, but you`re probably right if you watched them regularly

He played through the middle once or twice, but never on the left.

Mahrez has played right wing and no 10 for Leicester and has been brutally effective down the left on a few counters, no reason he couldn't play on the left. He's impossible to stand off and contain so doesn't need pace.
Playing Mahrez on the left side is as pointless as using Messi there. Mahrez has a fantastic left-footed shot, likes to move inside diagonally, either making throughballs or shooting. He's much better in congested spaces than Sane. I think LW position would strip him off these assets.

I didn`t watch them, but I`ve heard people saying that he did play on the left, and in lots of his highlight videoes he played on the left, but you`re probably right if you watched them regularly
Schalke's front line was quite fluid on counters, so Sane indeed could fill LW position occasionally.

Playing Mahrez on the left side is as pointless as using Messi there. Mahrez has a fantastic left-footed shot, likes to move inside diagonally, either making throughballs or shooting. He's much better in congested spaces than Sane. I think LW position would strip him off these assets.
He's also an absolutely fantastic dribbler, passer and crosser, can't see it hurting his attacking output.

Mahrez coming in more than likely sees sterling further progression into the more central striking role Pep believes he can become.

Jorginho and mahrez plus bringing gunn back as backup seems like a decent summer to me.

Part of our problem against Huddersfield was our predictability across the front. At the start of the second half, Sane looked lost when asked to find space on the right and through the right/middle; he's much happier/accustomed to playing on the left or in the left/middle channel. Next season, we'll need greater fluidity across the front when teams invariably come camping, so while players may be better in their preferred positions, Guardiola will likely be looking for them all to move more and create different problems.

Zaha wouldn’t surprise me. Guess he is a player that could play right, left or central. Much more likely than Mahrez imo and a good player with lots of potential.

He played through the middle once or twice, but never on the left.

Mahrez has played right wing and no 10 for Leicester and has been brutally effective down the left on a few counters, no reason he couldn't play on the left. He's impossible to stand off and contain so doesn't need pace.

Plus our pace isn't that important a lot of the time, against the parked bus teams (which is where I think Mahrez will give us something new) pace doesn't matter but his ability to beat his man will. Combine that with Mendy on the overlap and Silva on the underlap and well.. I don't think even two full backs could cover that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.