Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to plug it for all it’s worth, cos no-one else will. A giant “centurions” mural next to the main entrance of the club would be a start.
Incidentally, this would be an appropriate moment to inform Frank that whilst taking nearly 2 hours to get from the centre of Southampton to J11 of the M3 (Winchester - a grand total of about 15 miles), I flipped non-stop between the Five Live and Talkshite phone ins, who, barring a match report and a minute with Pep on the former, in 4 hours of broadcasting managed to mention us just once, and that was a caller who rang in to wish Taggart a speedy recovery! If the rags had racked up 100 points, the wankathon would have lasted a month.... ;-)

I didn't bother with TS but did have 606 on on drive home and there was very little on City but, as is often the case, no one phoned in. We got home well before 7pm so didn't hear whole show although I was tempted to call up then and have a go at that pillock Jason Mohammed for suggesting Liverpool fairly claim to be the best team in Europe if they won the UCL; even Savage didn't seem to agree with that although he did say Salah was best player in the world at the moment even though, I think I am correct in saying, Messi still has better overall stats... However, I still have never actually called a phone-in.

Smug grin: we missed the queue on M3 thanks to Sat Nav choosing an alternative route for us. Don't know if it helped that we were parked in Itchen.

Just one. No more. It is media after all. The internet.The same as Blue Moon. RAWK. Etc.

:-)

Red Cafe.

TincanalleyTurns player names into a crappy conversation
Apr 12, 2011
Ireland

Long, long before most of you were born, there was an Olympic swimmer from a small European country once, who stood tearily on the podium after winning an unlikely triad of Olympic swimming medals. There were cheers but mixed slightly with dark murmurings. Back then, some people grimaced. The athlete in second place felt they deserved the prize. If the rumours were true and X had won purely from the quality of chemicals, and Y had not imbibed, you can understand how bitter a pill that was to swallow. Jose Mourhino must feel some of the same emotions today.

He has just delivered for Manchester United. He brought in youth; he persevered with Pogba in the mission to create a midfield where none had existed before. Having bypassed the heart of the attack in 2017 by using Zlatan, this season he had to improvise a way to win a title with a cluster of misfiring strikers, as he tried to rewire Sanchez in mid-race to fit his plan. In the end he has outdone himself, and accumulated more points than an excellent Spurs team, and the Pool of Mo Salah.

If this had been an ordinary season we would have concentrated on the remarkable drama of the relegation battle; it would have been a routine title win for Mourhino MU, with some discussion on the lines of 'ok, but can he do it playing champagne football?'. Instead, the effervessence came from the Emptyhad, courtesy of the most money-doped team in Premiership - or English football - history. Like drunken revellers we stagger from the romance that was Leicester to this loud and tone-deaf glitz, a title in name only; oil smudged fingers on the PL trophy. Would City have won in a fair race, limited to City earnings? No chance.

Fair play to Pep (I will wear whatever ribbon I like, and the FA will do sweet FA), he has shown that money talks. And he has shown how to play an enchanting brand of attacking football. And what will happen next year? I am not expecting any reform, or even any clamour for it; the FA don't care, and most of the Caf were too preoccupied with slagging off Smalling. Manchester United will be forced to spend big. People will have to play kamikaze against them, the fire-with-fire treatment pointed out by Klopp, perhaps mixed with a bit of smother and bludgeon, the Jose formula. It will not be all bad. It will without a doubt improve the overall quality of play, bringing a bit of EU entertainment value to the UK as it dusts off its hat and puts on its (hard or soft-lined) coat.

The field will be distorted, again, by being overheated by massive investment from earnings that have nothing at all to do with football, and much to do with ugly exploitation. Think of it as a handicap. We end up with a great rivalry, we end up with a massive competition. Forget not cheering on Liverpool; the main thing is for the rest of the league to come together to frustrate the Oil Money Men and the Tie a Yellow Ribbon football visionary. Imagine the thrill of beating them, by any means necessary within the rules of the game (Caftards take note). Otherwise we should start here advocating for a second premiership; one for teams who win with their own money, earned from football; maybe we could call it the Arsene and Fergie cup.

That boy needs therapy.

Salah's achievement Is so special that only Alan Shearer and the great Andy Cole have bettered it in the premier league era, come on guys of all the records this is the most special.

Just one. No more. It is media after all. The internet.The same as Blue Moon. RAWK. Etc.

:-)

Red Cafe.

TincanalleyTurns player names into a crappy conversation
Apr 12, 2011
Ireland

Long, long before most of you were born, there was an Olympic swimmer from a small European country once, who stood tearily on the podium after winning an unlikely triad of Olympic swimming medals. There were cheers but mixed slightly with dark murmurings. Back then, some people grimaced. The athlete in second place felt they deserved the prize. If the rumours were true and X had won purely from the quality of chemicals, and Y had not imbibed, you can understand how bitter a pill that was to swallow. Jose Mourhino must feel some of the same emotions today.

He has just delivered for Manchester United. He brought in youth; he persevered with Pogba in the mission to create a midfield where none had existed before. Having bypassed the heart of the attack in 2017 by using Zlatan, this season he had to improvise a way to win a title with a cluster of misfiring strikers, as he tried to rewire Sanchez in mid-race to fit his plan. In the end he has outdone himself, and accumulated more points than an excellent Spurs team, and the Pool of Mo Salah.

If this had been an ordinary season we would have concentrated on the remarkable drama of the relegation battle; it would have been a routine title win for Mourhino MU, with some discussion on the lines of 'ok, but can he do it playing champagne football?'. Instead, the effervessence came from the Emptyhad, courtesy of the most money-doped team in Premiership - or English football - history. Like drunken revellers we stagger from the romance that was Leicester to this loud and tone-deaf glitz, a title in name only; oil smudged fingers on the PL trophy. Would City have won in a fair race, limited to City earnings? No chance.

Fair play to Pep (I will wear whatever ribbon I like, and the FA will do sweet FA), he has shown that money talks. And he has shown how to play an enchanting brand of attacking football. And what will happen next year? I am not expecting any reform, or even any clamour for it; the FA don't care, and most of the Caf were too preoccupied with slagging off Smalling. Manchester United will be forced to spend big. People will have to play kamikaze against them, the fire-with-fire treatment pointed out by Klopp, perhaps mixed with a bit of smother and bludgeon, the Jose formula. It will not be all bad. It will without a doubt improve the overall quality of play, bringing a bit of EU entertainment value to the UK as it dusts off its hat and puts on its (hard or soft-lined) coat.

The field will be distorted, again, by being overheated by massive investment from earnings that have nothing at all to do with football, and much to do with ugly exploitation. Think of it as a handicap. We end up with a great rivalry, we end up with a massive competition. Forget not cheering on Liverpool; the main thing is for the rest of the league to come together to frustrate the Oil Money Men and the Tie a Yellow Ribbon football visionary. Imagine the thrill of beating them, by any means necessary within the rules of the game (Caftards take note). Otherwise we should start here advocating for a second premiership; one for teams who win with their own money, earned from football; maybe we could call it the Arsene and Fergie cup.
Fucking hell those tears really are so salty.

Went missing in Spain? That is outrageous and he needs challenging on that. What a wanker saying that

Cascarino: “it was a tough call putting Hendo in midfield. There have been a number of other candidates. David Silva went missing to Spain too often but Can, Milner and Wijnaldon, Ox and Lallana could all have got the spot. For me Zaha clinched it in those first 9 games”

Hmmm... a few stats, not that we'd let the facts get in the way of a shite story.

Who would you have play for you?

Name Games Played Goals Assists Minutes

David Silva 29 9 11 2,437

Milner 32 0 3 1,763

Lallana 12 0 0 236

Can 26 3 5 2,094

Wijnaldon 33 1 2 2,837

Oxlade Chamberlain 35 3 7 1,725

What a grade "A" prick Cascarino is. Silva scored more goals in the Premier League this season than the other 5 added together!

He played more minutes than all except Wijnaldon.

What planet is this zombie on? I though they were there to provide an insight to the game - if this is the case he is clearly as blind as a bat!

It was a poor season, devoid of competition.
The team that finished sixth, reached a cup final.
The holders finished fifth - and may yet win a cup.
The team that finished fourth may yet win the European Cup.
The team that finished third, did so playing exciting attacking football that drew record crowds.
The team that finished second may yet win a cup.
The team that finished first rewrote the record books and staked their place in history.
Elsewhere, a club the size of Burnley showed up the likes of big-spending Everton by reaching Europe and, for the first time ever in the modern era, all the three of the newly-promoted sides put on a barn-storming display to remain in the division.
But hey, it was a poor season, devoid of competition.
I really wish that I knew how to inser that Laurel & Hardy laughing gif right here.

It was a poor season, devoid of competition.
The team that finished sixth, reached a cup final.
The holders finished fifth - and may yet win a cup.
The team that finished fourth may yet win the European Cup.
The team that finished third, did so playing exciting attacking football that drew record crowds.
The team that finished second may yet win a cup.
The team that finished first rewrote the record books and staked their place in history.
Elsewhere, a club the size of Burnley showed up the likes of big-spending Everton by reaching Europe and, for the first time ever in the modern era, all the three of the newly-promoted sides put on a barn-storming display to remain in the division.
But hey, it was a poor season, devoid of competition.
I really wish that I knew how to inser that Laurel & Hardy laughing gif right here.

All five Champion's league qualifying teams made it through the group stage
and all the top six clubs have World class managers in situ

Guardiola
Mourinho
Pochettino
Klopp
Conte
Wenger

The premier league has never been stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.