Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Bernardo was Silva's replacement. I agree he will play less but I am not sure he will be seen as backup same with Dhino I believe there will be a gradual handing over process so that maybe next year the roles will be reversed. It will enable Jorghino to acclimatise to prem league.

Agree with this but the transition will take place over the season and we'll see plenty of Dave and Fern early doors whilst the others adjust. Bernardo needs to bulk up a little - i know he's very slight but he does get a bit bullied sometimes... - needs to have a few pies with his lager over the summer.

After one of his best seasons for the club what makes you think David wont be in the starting line up? Could probably say the same for Dihno as well.
Coz they are older and Pep has hinted at thia a few times. That said, they wouldn't be backups. They'll be part time.e starters. Like Iniesta has been for the better of the last 2 seasons.

The expectation is that Gundogan plays more and David Silva less. Similarly, Jorghino plays more and Dihno less.

Assuming both Ilkay (improves) and Jurghino hits the ground running.

In essence our middle 6 will be (Kevin, Ilkay and Jorghino as starters and David, Dihno and Foden as the backups)

Merlin and Dinho as the back-ups! You picked the wrong mushrooms for dinner.

Merlin and Dinho as the back-ups! You picked the wrong mushrooms for dinner.
Not really backups but co- starters with Gundogan and Jorghino. If the both are undisputed starters next season, then we would have regressed.

You can take that to the bank. I don't say it out of dislike or disrespect to either. Im simply projecting into the most likely future. 32 and 33 respective at the beginning of next season. The form drop is on the way. And the best way to keep them at their best will be to manage their time. And by Manage I mean playing significantly less.

Haha they are 2 of our best players,someone to share dinho's load not replace him

I think Fernandinho will be helping out at both cente back as well holding midfield, as and when required.

Ultimately we need a new younger starter to replace him if we want to improve. Jorginho is your man.

Not really backups but co- starters with Gundogan and Jorghino. If the both are undisputed starters next season, then we would have regressed.

You can take that to the bank. I don't say it out of dislike or disrespect to either. Im simply projecting into the most likely future. 32 and 33 respective at the beginning of next season. The form drop is on the way. And the best way to keep them at their best will be to manage their time. And by Manage I mean playing significantly less.

I'm with you mate....Pep has already said Merlin going to play alot less next season and Fern going to find it even harder to play 30-40 games next year, more so after a world cup and less rest over the summer....Covering those 2 positions "without" a big drop off is going to be a tough ask for Pep and signing cover for Fern (and his future replacement) might be the most important signing of the summer....If Pep feels Jorginho is that man we got to trust him!;)

I'm with you mate....Pep has already said Merlin going to play alot less next season and Fern going to find it even harder to play 30-40 games next year, more so after a world cup and less rest over the summer....Covering those 2 positions "without" a big drop off is going to be a tough ask for Pep and signing cover for Fern (and his future replacement) might be the most important signing of the summer....If Pep feels Jorginho is that man we got to trust him!;)

Yep count me in too. We cannot expect Fern to keep doing these seasons into his mid thirties. He already had to be a man and a half covering Yaya for longer than any one man should.

You lost it when you started saying Ilkay will be starting more - have you watched him these last few weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.