Running

I've been running quite a lot and got a new pair of running trainers just a few weeks before the marathon

Anyway, i've had the same trainers before and they've been great but now last few times I've ran on the pavement/road I've had a terrible pain in my right foot sort of just below the ankle which causes me to stop running and to rest it.

Any ideas what this might be? I've ran on the treadmill and not felt the same pain. I'm hoping it isn't the trainers as dont wan't to be buying another pair already. I might go get my gait analysis tomorrow though just incase

Been suffering with Plantar Fasciitis for about 4-5 months now and can't seem to get rid of it. Literally can't walk first thing in the morning for about 5-10 minutes. Tried resting but it ain't working. Anyone know best way to get rid?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Massage the sore spot by sitting down with your foot on a golf ball and rolling it on the sore spot apply as much or as little pressure as you like , repeat daily ,
Worked for me !!

I've been running quite a lot and got a new pair of running trainers just a few weeks before the marathon

Anyway, i've had the same trainers before and they've been great but now last few times I've ran on the pavement/road I've had a terrible pain in my right foot sort of just below the ankle which causes me to stop running and to rest it.

Any ideas what this might be? I've ran on the treadmill and not felt the same pain. I'm hoping it isn't the trainers as dont wan't to be buying another pair already. I might go get my gait analysis tomorrow though just incase

Hard to say. But buying a new pair of trainers a few weeks before the marathon is not ideal, would say it’s best to have a good few months running in new trainers before a marathon.
Good luck for this. What one are you doing ?

Hard to say. But buying a new pair of trainers a few weeks before the marathon is not ideal, would say it’s best to have a good few months running in new trainers before a marathon.
Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. I've done the marathon now I did Manchester the trainers were fine but since completing Manchester I've had problems with my ankle. Not been able to run properly since I can't work out what's up as there isn't any pain when walking

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry to be blunt but that is awful advice. Modern running shoes can be used out of the box. At most I would run 50 miles in new shoes before a race - you absolutely should not be using them for 'a good few months.' After 'a good few months,' you should be replacing them!

Yeah, it's worth getting the gait analysis done. Better to know than not to know.

Sorry to be blunt but that is awful advice. Modern running shoes can be used out of the box. At most I would run 50 miles in new shoes before a race - you absolutely should not be using them for 'a good few months.' After 'a good few months,' you should be replacing them!

replace trainers after a few months. Really ? I’ve had my Running trainers last me over 2 years. Done full marathon and 2 half’s and just done 11 miles tonight in the same trainers. No problem whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.