Running

replace trainers after a few months. Really ? I’ve had my Running trainers last me over 2 years. Done full marathon and 2 half’s and just done 11 miles tonight in the same trainers. No problem whatsoever.
500 miles is the recommended time to replace running trainers so I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am aware of the 'replace trainers after 500ish miles' advice but my personal way of doing things is replace them when you start getting niggles you never had before, a sure sign the trainers aren't giving you the support they once did. A look at the tread left is a good indicator too.

replace trainers after a few months. Really ? I’ve had my Running trainers last me over 2 years. Done full marathon and 2 half’s and just done 11 miles tonight in the same trainers. No problem whatsoever.
The advice usually given is to replace them after 300-500 miles. This is because they lose their cushioning after this. Even Strava alerts you to replace them after this time. You may be happy to use old trainers and that's fair enough but to advise someone to wear out their shoes beyond their recommended use and then run a marathon in them is plain wrong.

Reminds me of a ted talk I watched about advancements in how to attach prosthetic/bionic limbs, the shoe comes up and how much room for improvement there is on it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.