General transfer rumours

Totally agree, Sandro + Alderweireld and Hysaj are being talked about currently and they're all very good players but is the problem really the rags defence? They got 19 clean sheets and only conceded 28. I'm more than happy to see them spunk money on a defence that is already performing well. Yes they need replacements for old players etc in there but is it really going to help bridge the huge gap between us? I don't think so. They need to sort out their midfield one way or another, sign someone for the RW and address the fact that Mourinho seemingly doesn't understand how to set teams up offensively any more.
Their defense isn't performing well. They have both fullbacks and are extremely sloppy. De Gea has papered over that. So Alderweireld and Sandro will be significant improvements on their current lot.

Their defense isn't performing well. They have both fullbacks and are extremely sloppy. De Gea has papered over that. So Alderweireld and Sandro will be significant improvements on their current lot.

I'd agree with this. Alderweireld, Sandro and Hysaj are significant improvements but the one I hope they don't sign is Savic. I genuinely think he *could* be the difference

So you would say 19 clean sheets is a sloppy defence, gotcha. Even if next season they make fewer mistakes the only difference is De Gea will have less to save.

They won't improve on that next season no matter who they sign, and even if they do and get say 23 clean sheets it still wouldn't make up a 19 point gap, their problem is that they only scored 68 goals.

1346048.jpg

Rumours Yaya is off to Liverpool

So you would say 19 clean sheets is a sloppy defence, gotcha. Even if next season they make fewer mistakes the only difference is De Gea will have less to save.

They won't improve on that next season no matter who they sign, and even if they do and get say 23 clean sheets it still wouldn't make up a 19 point gap, their problem is that they only scored 68 goals.
I don't want to become the United defender here (bi pun intended), but that's justjust Bad reasoning. The key is not to get better. But rather to try to maintain the #of clean sheets from this season. .

They won't achieve that with the same defense. They were lucky this season. Their 2 fullbacks are old and not 'real' fullbacks. All their CBs are injury prone. And outside of Bailey none of the others are good individual defenders.

And their offense, which has lots of talenr is often hampered by the rickety defense. Improving their defense, improves their offense. It's all connected.

Anyway, I'm done explaining what's right about what United ''may" be doing. I really don't care to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.