Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I don't get is why cant City get bargains, il tell you why, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss. We are premier league champions ffs, players are queing up to join us, so why cant we pay less. I would honestly walk away from the Mhrez deal if they wont take £35m, look iv upped it £5m, I really would.

Thankfully those in the suits have more common sense than you. Also, why are Pogbad & Sanchez not playing in blue?

The valuation of players will be interesting in this window. We clearly have the Neymar effect last summer - which irrationaly inflated prices to a whole new level and as that PSG money slushed its way around Barca and Liverpool we saw prices roughly double. Clubs will have reflected on that and (some) will want to see some level of normality return to transfer fees - but does normality exist in football?. Clearly football is awash with money, the major leagues have generally been won by large margins - so there are a number of clubs who consider themselves 'elite' who have a bit of catching up to do. On balance I think getting your business done early is a good strategy. Later in the window Real Madrid, the Rags or PSG are likely to do some stupid post world cup deals that will put the market back in to a spin - the Rags for exampe wont be able to help themeselves - they already have an air of desperation. £60m plus for Mahrez looks a bit crazy at the minute but if we can get him and Jourginho for circa £130m it might look good business by the middle of August when Jack Butland has gone for £40m, Danny Rose for £55m and Willian for £70m!

Who's Mootaz - does he have form? To be fair I could have written that story.
He's one of the early ones calling Pellegrini to West Ham and also the first to break Zaba to West Ham last year. For what it's worth he's also saying Yaya is going to sign for West Ham this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.