Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you not think that mahrez fits what we need?
He's a very good player, undoubtedly.

But we have players of his level or above already in the squad who can and have walked all competitions barring one, the UCL. I'd have assumed what we needed (and could finally get after rebuilding other areas previous 2 summers) was a game-changer of the highest level for European games, seeing as that's where we seem to stumble every season, including this past one.

Will have to wait and see what fairy dust Pep throws on Mahrez I guess.

Mahrez shouldn’t even be spoken in the same sentence as Navas and Milner. Mahrez is quality, the other two are hard working average players.
Hence why I wanted Mahrez, despite already having the other two legends terrorize opposition defenses for us at the time.

But we have players of his level or above already in the squad who can and have walked all competitions barring one, the UCL. I'd have assumed what we needed (and could finally get after rebuilding other areas previous 2 summers) was a game-changer of the highest level for European games, seeing as that's where we seem to stumble every season, including this past one.

Bro, I'm going to need a list of acceptable players.

I always get wary of the nebulous game changer claims. Sarah just crushed the league and Europe with his scoring from wide and yet no one thought him World Class this time last year.

So I'm going to need your names bro! Let me start you off..

Messi- Not gonna happen
Ronaldo-Too old
Bale- too injured
Neymar- No!
Griezmann- slim as Barca is calling
Mbappe - Not gonna happen, but currently not better than Mahrez.
Hazzard- Gonna be tough.

So who else is a game changer?

I always get wary of the nebulous game changer claims. Sarah just crushed the league and Europe with his scoring from wide and yet no one thought him World Class this time last year.

Messi- Not gonna happen
Ronaldo-Too old
Bale- too injured
Neymar- No!
Hazzard- Gonna be tough.

Is she fit ?

imo, Mahrez was THE standout performer for the foxes in their CL campaign so one more reason to bring him to City.

Mahrez looks clinical near goal and has some class, so was probably high oh Pep's list. Throw in the fact he'll end up going for reasonable (in this market) 60-65mil when its all said and done, its another bargain compared to what other clubs are spending on 1 player, breaking each other's record every signing.

I think Pep and the braintrust have a short list of players to endlessly target with a whatever-it-takes-fund for those players, and everyone else is scouted and bought similarly to our purchases of Gundo, Sane, Bernando, Jesus, Ederson, Mendy, Laporte, Walker etc.. I love the idea because its young players who Pep is getting a chance to improve.

Messi- Not gonna happen
Ronaldo-Too old
Bale- too injured
Neymar- No!
Hazzard- Gonna be tough.

I see your point that the list is rather limited, and I suppose that's where my frustrations lie.

We can't get a world class player, so we're instead getting a very good player who'll definitely help domestically. But, right now I don't see how he'll help in the only issue we seem to have, i.e. the UCL. Don't know if that makes sense as I'm sleepy as hell rn lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.