Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, I'm going to need a list of acceptable players.

I always get wary of the nebulous game changer claims. Sarah just crushed the league and Europe with his scoring from wide and yet no one thought him World Class this time last year.

So I'm going to need your names bro! Let me start you off..

Messi- Not gonna happen
Ronaldo-Too old
Bale- too injured
Neymar- No!
Griezmann- slim as Barca is calling
Mbappe - Not gonna happen, but currently not better than Mahrez.
Hazzard- Gonna be tough.

So who else is a game changer?
Reports are that Barca have set an asking price for Dembélé, if that's true they must be willing to part with him. For £80-90m with his ability, youth, two footedness I think we should at least state our interest if he is available as he would be a good alternative. It could depend on how much Liverpool or Arsenal are willing to pay too unless he really wants to come to City. Will Arsenal finally loosen their purse strings? They need something to turn their slump around.

Bro, I'm going to need a list of acceptable players.

I always get wary of the nebulous game changer claims. Sarah just crushed the league and Europe with his scoring from wide and yet no one thought him World Class this time last year.

So I'm going to need your names bro! Let me start you off..

Messi- Not gonna happen
Ronaldo-Too old
Bale- too injured
Neymar- No!
Griezmann- slim as Barca is calling
Mbappe - Not gonna happen, but currently not better than Mahrez.
Hazzard- Gonna be tough.

So who else is a game changer?

Martial as a striker

Very true Barca only had that money because of the Neymar deal, it was pointless messing around so they went and bought Dembele and Coutinho off the back of Neymars deal. Good business really as those players will contribute while they are there and retain value if they want to sell.

Arsenal and Liverpool are already eyeing up a deal for Dembélé apparently.

On that note why aren't we in for Dembélé? He can play on either wing considering he doesn't know which is his stronger foot.

From the express, sounds a little low considering what they paid for him and his age at 21. I'd take him over Bailey and Mahrez personally for that price.
If we didn’t like the way Sancho and his people handled his departure we wouldn’t go near Dembele since he’s done similar twice to end up at Barca. Forced a move from Rennes then forced his way out of BVB. Probably don’t hace him as a great character guy in the dressing room.

I don’t understand what pep plans to do with Sterling, bernardo and Mahrez. Surely means bernardo will start playing in the middle?
I don’t understand why this keep coming up, we had 3 players for 4 spots basically for 2 years(Nolito wasn’t used after a while) Leroy/Raheem and Mahrez/Bernardo, maybe there will be times Bernardo plays in the middle but it hasn’t been used much if at all really. But Leroy needs to be pushed so he’s not allowed to many games where the poor performances creep in and he’s less effective.

From a purely statistical point of view, Mahrez could be absolutely dynamite.

Statistically he compares favorably to players on better teams with better teammates.

I just think he'll be great. Take a few months to catch up. By January he'll be a cog.

From a purely statistical point of view, Mahrez could be absolutely dynamite.

What's been impressive with Mahrez is that he's done it with a pretty poor side.

Let's face it, even when they won the title, they weren't much of a football team, just functional, & Mahrez was one of the main reasons they were able to pick up enough points to win it whilst playing as they did. He wasn't exactly surrounded by people to play quality football with.

He will really have to go some, to improve enough to match Hazard, but Chelsea took Leicester's other best player & on the whole their playing staff & style are on another planet compared to Leicester & were previously. It's their records, we are breaking, so they were a seriously fucking good PL team. So there is no telling how much he can improve, with us.

He will have to put in a higher level of work without the ball than he's used to, even at Leicester though.

Really enjoy watching Mahrez play. There are some elements of his game that are already or borderline world class. Under Pep, the sky is truly the limit. He's a constant danger with the ball at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.