Water

Yep,you are correct about some of the leaks not being economically repairable.
Especially when shareholders have to be kept happy.
Pointing out that the old water board were shit as well isn't really a defence.
Consumers always get mugged off in the end.
The old water boards haven't existed for almost 30 years (1990).

I don't doubt bills would go up. I am aware of a thing called inflation. However I was answering a poster who mentioned offwat protecting the consumer and pointing out that like all other ...wats the Govt sets them up and sets their terms of reference. We now have ministers telling us the energy markets are not working despite the presence of bodies like offgem so relying on them is futile. If the water co's can get us all on meters then you just watch the price per unit...like gas and leccy .... increase and being on a meter will no longer be cheaper than those who are not - the important thing being there will be nobody not on a meter to prove it.
There's nothing wrong with being on a meter and paying for what you actually use. Virtually every other commodity is sold that way.

It's pretty much the same conclusion you come to about the vast majority of modern social problems, too many people too few resources. It's only going to get worse.
Population controls will have to be considered eventually, although there with be huge resistance from all parties no doubt, a few generations of one child per family at least is required.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Its the precursor to the water bosses announcing massive price increases, so they can pay more dividends to their shareholders. Another successful privatisation like the trains.

I cant see any logic in what your saying. Or have I just had too many beers in the sun this afternoon? Because there are leaks out of which water is being lost and this annoys you, you are going to use what you want instead of what you need? And people being on water meters means they can charge more?
Im sorry, I dont follow that.

They reckon that 22 million gallons of water a DAY are lost through leaks and bursts yet the solution is to reduce the consumption of individuals and to put everyone on a meter. We've had a leak on our road for two years .... every so often some one from Anglia (loving every drop) Water turns up to replace the notice that says 'We're aware of this leak'

Well last night it finally blew ... we have roads blocked theres that much water running down the hill.

Sooner its all renationalised the better.... i'd rather any profit go back into maintenance of the infrastructure and improvement in quality and service rather than lining the pockets of AWS shareholders (the majority of which is a hedge fund based in Hong Kong).

Profit made last year £210 million!

Oh the irony of effectively rationing water for people who live in the northwest. The stuff falls out of the sky continuously throughout the so called summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.